Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Yorkshire Hello

+11
MrNutt
ellie
Wild-Kat-Wolf
stevemcc
thunderstu600
BlueZed
Cheshirecat
Rosco
0ldcat
SteveCat
Thunder_Chris_47
15 posters

Go down

A Yorkshire Hello Empty A Yorkshire Hello

Post  Thunder_Chris_47 Fri Jun 21 2013, 15:12

Hi all,

Chris, aka Thunder_Chris_47, making my new membership known to the group.

I'm a serving member of the forces, settling down in Yorkshire having returned from what seemed to be an eternity posted in Germany.

Have owned my Cat since 2005 having got it for a steal from a work colleague (he was posted and in a rush to sell, what more can I say??!), rode it as it was for a few years then did a complete strip and rebuild (with 'mods') when I thought she needed updating. She's my preferred mode of transport and is my daily commute (as well as pulse racer) and shares my garage with my FJR and Lambretta TS 225 (don't laugh, I love my scoot it re-connected me to many a lost friend during scooter rallies!) I'm an ex-Yamaha mechanic, well I served 2 yrs of my apprenticeship in the mid 80's prior to joining up, and love getting my hands dirty as well as pondering on automotive conundrums.

My profile lists 'humour' as 'anything goes' which is very true. In the past several years of my military experiences I have found that if you cant laugh at yourself than who can you laugh at, plus having lost several comrades, friends and colleagues I have discovered that life is too short to be miserable and if it tries to get you down then give it a kick in the teeth and get back up again, unless your leg has been blown off in which case you ask a friend to support you while you kick it in the teeth and THEN get back up again! (told you, anything goes!)

I look forward to being an active member of the group and will try my damndest to check in at least every other day, however my current work patterns are a tad disjointed to say the least! I love seeing Cats out on the road and I get an immense sense of pride when a fellow Cat owner tips a nod or comments on my bike. I often reply with a reminder that they too own a stunning example of pre-race bread Yamaha machinery!

Right then, rambled on enough me thinks, thanks to all for acceptance, look forward to meeting people and hope to see forum members on the road.

Sunny side up, always!

Thunder_Chris_47.
Thunder_Chris_47
Thunder_Chris_47
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 19
Hobbies : Instrutor - HM Forces, motorcycling
Humour : Oh Yes, anything goes
Registration date : 2013-06-21

Back to top Go down

A Yorkshire Hello Empty Re: A Yorkshire Hello

Post  SteveCat Fri Jun 21 2013, 15:30

HI Chris, great intro, welcome. have look around the place there's lots to read and do.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Jun 21 2013, 15:36

Hello & Welcome to the forum Chris left thumb up

22 year vet myself, and spent 16 out of that in frogin parts too. There are a few of us dotted about here and there on the forum, so the humour will be understood by those of us wot was there. There's also a few police, EMT/ParaMeds, and the odd firefighter too, all with a particular brand of "Gallows" humour green smile

From the pic in your avatar, looks like you have a beauty there. Any full size to post up and show off ?

As for the forum, we're an active and social bunch who are mostly insane . . . look up the How About Something for the Weekend section for our annual meets, and keep an eye in ride outs and meets for the odd impromptu run out.

Please do feel free to add your knowledge to the mix in the workshops (or any) area if you can help. Likewise if you want to know or find something out ask away.
You'll find, generally, that you'll get an answer here rather than the usual forum standard elsewhere of "use the search button" . . . folks in these parts are more likely to give you the link to the info you seek.

Well once again welcome. Settle in, join in, and we look forward to seeing you out on a ride sometime.

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jun 21 2013, 16:15

Hi Chris

Welcome aboard.
Nice looking bike you've got there.
Something different going on with your headlight?? or is it just the way I'm looking at it?

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Fri Jun 21 2013, 16:18

Hi Chris, Welcome to the Forum, nice bike, love the colour scheme you went with mate,

Cheers
Kev
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Fri Jun 21 2013, 16:35

Hi Chris and welcome!

Like the photo and would really like to see a bigger version of it left thumb up

If you're interested in returning to the Fatherland for a go around the Nürburgring then have a look in The Lounge as I'm in the very early stages of organising one.

Also since you're in Yorkshire feel free to come to the North Yorkshire BBQ (check the Events section) I'm organising in August left thumb up

Hope you like it here!
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 317
Hobbies : Space cadet
Humour : NEIN!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Fri Jun 21 2013, 16:59

HI chris, BIG fat welcome to the nuthouse. You're gonna enjoy it Very Happy

Lovely bike you got there too
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  stevemcc Fri Jun 21 2013, 17:09

Hi Chris
Welcome to the forum

I'm a 27 Year military vet myself, I say military but was in the RAF so did more checking in than digging in.
Ive found loads of useful info within these pages and although I havn't managed a ride out with this lot yet there always seems to be something going on.
Stick up some pics of your ride, they always seem to go down well.
stevemcc
stevemcc
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 192
Hobbies : Aviation Engineer
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Jun 21 2013, 17:17

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the gang, always plenty going on in here....enjoy!!  Nice looking bike btw great

WKW girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Jun 21 2013, 19:19

Welcome aboard chap.

Lovely bike Cool

Ellie
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Fri Jun 21 2013, 23:45

welcome aboard there chris!

Dave
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee-Forty Sat Jun 22 2013, 02:57

welcome3 to the forum.
Tee-Forty
Tee-Forty
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sat Jun 22 2013, 19:24

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy rooting around here and adding your own two peneth worth.

There are a few of us across the water in Lincs who occassionally venture over to E and N Yorks.
There are also 2 rideouts in September that aren't too far from you. 
Maybe we'll catch up with you at one of these.

You're teasing us with your avatar, so post up a pic sometime so we can have a proper look.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:59

oh jeez another chris, !!!!! ah well cant win them all , great write up, hope you get a chance to bump into us at some point and welcome to the nut house !, we dont bite too much though im sure some will say otherwise

Pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunder_Chris_47 Sun Jun 23 2013, 12:17

WOW!

Thanks guys n gals for the very warm welcome.

So, several of you are ex mil vets, I too have received my vets badge but am still employed with the Forces on a Full Time Reserve Service (FTRS) commitment instructing out of Leconfield. A great way to maintain some 'green' credentials as well as staying within the SNCO fraternity. I've completed several Op tours ranging from the leisurely 6mnth holiday in Cyprus to the manic 'who's the enemy today' posts like Ireland and Bosnia and the obligatory 'sandy postings' to Iraq and Afghan.

For the more inquisitive I shall open a new post with some graphic blow by blow pics of my girls transformation etc, listing a couple of the mods I've done to the bike.

Nice to see that there are members both far and wide, always handy when planning trips and tours etc, ie meet ups, places of interest and good bike friendly gafs to stay at etc.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

Stand by for further posts!

Chris.
Thunder_Chris_47
Thunder_Chris_47
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 19
Hobbies : Instrutor - HM Forces, motorcycling
Humour : Oh Yes, anything goes

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sun Jun 23 2013, 19:30

hi and welcome mate, you have picked a great forum. the guys and girls on here are brilliant, I had the pleasure of meeting a few first hand a few weeks ago at the bishops castle weekend. hope to see you on one mate.
chris aka prime
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down