Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP going to BT Sport from 2014

+15
MikeA
JDM
biscut
SLIM
Roll The Bones
randomeclipse
Wooster
bobh
Stu
Dai-San
Rosco
SteveCat
0ldcat
MrNutt
Snowcat
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MotoGP going to BT Sport from 2014 - Page 2 Empty MotoGP going to BT Sport from 2014

Post  Snowcat Thu May 09 2013, 12:39

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So if you're a sky subscriber you'll have to pay an extra subscription to continue to watch live coverage, if you're a BT Broadband customer you'll get it for free, if you're a virgin customer tough you ain't getting it. Could be the death of MotoGP in the UK and beat in mind Dorna also own WSB so don't be surprised if that follows.

green smile UPDATE - BT SPORT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO VIRGIN XL PACKAGE SUBSCRIBERS green smile 

Hopefully Eurosport will retain the rights to show delayed coverage.

Last edited by Snowcat on Thu Aug 15 2013, 16:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated news)
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

MotoGP going to BT Sport from 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: MotoGP going to BT Sport from 2014

Post  Snowcat Thu Aug 15 2013, 16:43

biscut wrote:if anyone is on the virginmedia XL package then apparently you should start getting BT sport1 & 2 and ESPN as Virgin have signed a deal so my boss was saying this morning. I might have to leave sky and go back to Virgin for it next year but sky broadband in my area is rubbish anyway so no big deal.
I'd previously been told that it wasn't available to virgin customers, unless they've changed their minds, will have to look into this.

Ignore that I've just checked and you're right, anyone on the channels premium package (XL) will get all 3 channels. green smile Very Happy Smile Cool Laughing 

I'm so happy now Smile

Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

MotoGP going to BT Sport from 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: MotoGP going to BT Sport from 2014

Post  MikeA Thu Aug 15 2013, 17:25

£15 quid a frickin month extra for me to watch the bloody MotoGP in 2014.

I don't give a sh*t about Sky Movies, the Premier League etc so I'm not upping to XL from M+ where I am now. I get 30Mb broadband, phone and TV for £34 a month at the mo. They want to up that by nearly 50% so I can watch 45 minutes of racing every 2 weeks for 7 months of the year (I'm hoping practise and qualy stay with Eurosport so I can get my Toby and Julian fix).

Argh.

PS I don't blame Virgin for any of this. I'm very happy with their service. I blame the BBC for not wanting to bid a bit more, (what probably amounts to 6 months redundancy pay for one of their execs) to keep hold of MotoGP.
MikeA
MikeA
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  OhJay Thu Aug 15 2013, 17:40

bobh wrote:I have BT broadband (so-called) but get 2Mb/s download at best.  Is that going to be enough?

I do use the BBC iPlayer regularly and often have to go to the lower bandwidth (fuzzy) version.
They're saying min speed you require is 400 kb/s so you should be alright on that.

hur hur hur
OhJay
OhJay
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Aug 15 2013, 23:20

ya i have virgin XL so roll on the football season lol
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Aug 16 2013, 06:44

I shall be watching the footie too Pete, not a fan of motorbike racing lol.

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Aug 16 2013, 06:47

Sky have a deal going now too
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Fri Aug 16 2013, 07:12

Snowcat wrote:
biscut wrote:if anyone is on the virginmedia XL package then apparently you should start getting BT sport1 & 2 and ESPN as Virgin have signed a deal so my boss was saying this morning. I might have to leave sky and go back to Virgin for it next year but sky broadband in my area is rubbish anyway so no big deal.
I'd previously been told that it wasn't available to virgin customers, unless they've changed their minds, will have to look into this.

Ignore that I've just checked and you're right, anyone on the channels premium package (XL) will get all 3 channels. green smile Very Happy Smile Cool Laughing 

I'm so happy now Smile
me too Very Happy Very Happy 
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2