Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, looking for some real life advice...would you use this?.

+9
SteveCat
JDM
weasley
robertcains
Rosco
HEHORE
0ldcat
ellie
Dirt Bike Dave
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ok, looking for some real life advice...would you use this?. - Page 2 Empty Ok, looking for some real life advice...would you use this?.

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Jan 05 2013, 23:53

First topic message reminder :

Hey hey, looking to buy into a property with a buddy to start up a wee business.
Idea is to buy the property and fit 2 car ramps, kit both bays out with compressor and tools etc etc. property is undergoing renovation and already has 2 roller shutter doors fitted.
Initially rent 1 bay out to a mechanic for £75 a week and then use the other bay as a rent a ramp for £10 an hour for the diy'er..and see how it goes.
Looking about a total £20K investment each for the property with tools/ramps etc..
End of the day the property alone would be worth what we paid each..and we would own the building.
£20k is a lot of dough in anyone's eyes so any thoughts/ potential pitfalls would be appreciated.
I know if I could " rent a ramp" with tools for a tenner an hour in my area I would've jumped at it. But there's nothing close to that where i live.
What'd ya think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Ok, looking for some real life advice...would you use this?. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, looking for some real life advice...would you use this?.

Post  SteveCat Thu Jan 17 2013, 16:04

Very Happy

SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 5110
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Ok, looking for some real life advice...would you use this?. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, looking for some real life advice...would you use this?.

Post  Snowcat Thu Jan 17 2013, 17:13

Eddie990 wrote:Check these out Dave, might be a few pointers in there

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Considering they are in London and your venture will be somewhat north of there, i.e not stepping on toes, would it be worth a phonecall and chat. They may be able to offer some advice.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Thu Jan 17 2013, 19:00

SteveCat wrote: Very Happy

Ha! Saw them in a magazine & posted before I read the post fully.

Great minds Steve!

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2