Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

+11
thunderstu600
biscut
Snowcat
SteveCat
MevsyD
robertcains
MrNutt
weasley
HEHORE
0ldcat
TomCom
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there - Page 2 Empty london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

Post  TomCom Thu Dec 20 2012, 18:04

First topic message reminder :

i am ready to go to london for a bike 6 h driving way from glasgow.
can anybody go and check bike for me?
postcode is SL25TQ black and silver thundercat year 2005 3.500mileage
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there - Page 2 Empty Re: london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

Post  Pipes23 Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:47

Tom,

Just wanted to point out that I am looking for £1,295 for my bike, not the same price (£2,000) that you mention compared to the silver and black bike.

Pipes

Pipes23
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there - Page 2 Empty Re: london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

Post  TomCom Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:52

Pipe i didnt say anything about price. i just said my bike is 1998 and 30.000miles an clock. so its same bike
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Pipes23 Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:57

TomCom wrote:i did read that.
but this one looks much better
link
can i trust any of them? this man from our forum have only 4 posts i dont know him?
so for me this silver and black is better mileage better year and same price can you see that?

I was refering to one of your earlier replies.
Pipes23
Pipes23
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sat Dec 22 2012, 03:31

Good luck with finding a bike Tom, always best to get the best you can find for the money you have, low mileage etc.

Stay patient, the right one will come along, just remember if it looks too good to be true, it usually is!

Ellie great
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Dec 22 2012, 04:30

Tom, I'd be wary of buying a bike so far away from home off someone I don't know without any comeback if something turns out not to be right with the bike. I guess that's the chance you take tho.
It could be a great buy or it could be a lemon.
I bought my Thundercat off someone I know and trust. Funnily enough it came from London too. Has a lot of miles but I know the bike has been properly looked after so the miles don't bother me.
You pays your money you take your chances but there is some very good advice being offered here.
Asking questions and looking for advice is always good. Very Happy
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sat Dec 22 2012, 07:08

Why bother getting the same kinda bike, just with 20k or so miles less on it. If you are keeping your present thundercat, I cannot see the point. It won't feel any faster as there is a very high chance it will be producing the same power. Engines last 100k plus if you don't mistreat them.

Just get your bike serviced plus a good suspension rebuild and the bike should handle fine enough. Or get a set of new plastics off of eBay to make it look fresher and different.

Ewan
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Sat Dec 22 2012, 08:50

Tom what is your obsession with newer lower mileage , I have A 99 cat with 58000 miles on it , its going strong and will no doubt last longer than yours , so why the worry about low mileage ,if service history is good, normally the engine is bullet proof
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:03

Robcat wrote:Why bother getting the same kinda bike....
I hate you Smile your bike is the one from my dream :(

HEHORE wrote:Tom what is your obsession with newer lower mileage ....
i dont know :( its my obsession Smile
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:32

I think your 'obsession' with newer, lower mileage bikes is that you've got a few more pennies to spend now so you can get yourself a newer, lower mileage bike! Why not have a change? You've been there, done that with the 'cat, have something more modern? See what's available localy to you, then if they're rubbish you've not wasted aload of time or petrol.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Dec 23 2012, 09:12

I agree Ellie, you're on your third cat now and are chasing the next one which has to be newer and with lower mileage but the net result will be a similarly performing bike the same size etc. My cat had lower mileage than most on here but crack open the engine and there's nothing to say the engine and gearbox would be in better condition than an older bike with more mileage on it. How do you know how the younger lower mileage bike has been treated?

Cut your ties, look at something different. There are CBR's, ZX's, Gixxers etc a plenty or try something a bit more exotic, move from Japan and go Italian, get a twin, a triple.... The list goes on

The important thing is more experience and fun to be had discovering and riding different bikes as you chase the R1 holy grail.

Best of luck with your decision.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sun Dec 23 2012, 12:46

Or just get an old R1 and crap yourself when it rains as the back end comes alive. Wiggle's from side to side (hurts ya hips and ya bol&*@s ) and then you wish you had traction control! Like me with mine in fact!

600's are more fun as you can use more of the bike. There quicker round corners too. So get a gixxer 600. End of.

If you tend to go 2 up, get a 1000, just so you can keep up with the 600's on the straights.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Sun Dec 23 2012, 17:58

i try to get r1 couse i think this bike is the best looking bike ever. the one you have ROBCAT.
i dont need 1000cc
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Dec 23 2012, 22:26

Just make sure you buy a bike your confident with as far too many pass their test and straight away jump to a 1000cc way before they're ready, stay safe Tom.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Mon Dec 24 2012, 07:39

Tom,
The bike you have seems to be a good one, no 2nd gear issues , clean and it pulls well.. Laughing From the little blat i had on it i could ony find fault with the rear shock, the rest of the bike seems good..The shock is completely shagged hence why the bike is wallowing about.
Why not save your pennies for now and just get one of these and your bike will be sorted..
There are also some second hand ones on ebay as well just now
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Tue Dec 25 2012, 14:33

shock is done Smile seckend hand 70£
and i put new rear break pad and blocks
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Dec 25 2012, 20:37

ellie wrote:Just make sure you buy a bike your confident with as far too many pass their test and straight away jump to a 1000cc way before they're ready, stay safe Tom.

This is very true, I know I'm not ready for a thou yet so I bought a 954 to be safe Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Tue Dec 25 2012, 21:12

someone told me 600cc is to big for a 1 st bike. i said you are fu.. stupid
2 days after i gat 600cc i crash and was off work for like 8 weeks i was lucky spend extra 600£ to repair bike.
i dont need 1000cc i just love the way R1 looks like
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2