Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im a newbie too

+9
Snowcat
SteveCat
Rosco
YZFJohn
weasley
ellie
MrNutt
Radar
thunderstu600
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

im a newbie too - Page 2 Empty im a newbie too

Post  thunderstu600 Mon Dec 10 2012, 23:57

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys, my first day on here and first post, have read loads brilliant topics already ok a Little bit about myself:

Always wanted my 'big' license and started out on a chinese x'er which was ok but never ran properly,sold it for what i paid. found out afterwards the revs needed turning up.
Went with a few nifty 50's, apprillia rs 50 which i brought home on the m4 woops , a yn1oo (this was nice) and back to another chinese 125 which had a stupid name, a yamazaki ym-125=3. ill add pics at the end.
I came to have the ym125 cos a m8 had an accident in work and lost his leg. The bike in the end cost me £100. I sold it after 6months of fun and cheap riding to do the DAS.
The DAS never came about as bills and xmas came and went and so did my money

This year i decided to do it the other way round and my wife bought me, for xmas, a yamaha 600r thundercat in my fav colours, red and white.

All i want to do is ride this baby but gotta wait till i get my license. In the meantime ill just have to annoy the neighbours once a week and start her up and give her a few revs. The only mod i know she has is a viper exhaust and it sounds awesome.

Hopefully get to meet some of you guys after xmas. have a good un too. tc
im a newbie too - Page 2 Thunde14

My old bike,
im a newbie too - Page 2 Yamasa12

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

im a newbie too - Page 2 Empty Re: im a newbie too

Post  thunderstu600 Fri Dec 14 2012, 02:30

Thanks guys, interesting heads up on the cat, ill probably still kack my pants the first time i pin it but at least i'll know (sort of) what to expect.

As for insurance i'll tell em what i've been told its got but is it worth going fully comp or just go tpft?

1 last question,soz guys, if and when i pass my das, am i able to transfer my NCB onto the bike, ive got 7yrs ncb on the car which would help a great deal. I managed to collect 2yrs nc on the bike but this has expired as i haven't insured one for over 2 years.

I know im a pain but the better understanding i have, the better prepared ill be and the quicker i can get riding.

BTW loving the forum, thanks

thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Fri Dec 14 2012, 07:41

Ask your insurers, they all do it differently. However, it is unlikely you can transfer your NCB but some may give you credit for it.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Dec 14 2012, 08:00

As far as I'm aware NCB is in some circumstances transferable from a bike to a car but not the other way I'm afraid. I started my biking adventure last year with over 9 years car NCB but it counted for nothing and I feel like I spoke to every insurer out there
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  biscut Fri Dec 14 2012, 09:22

ebike insurance I think take into account you having NCB on a car and it makes a bit of a difference but not much. If it means anything, I did a comparison of having 0 years NCB and then having 1 years and for me it knocked £110 off the premium so should only be hard to swallow for the first year.
biscut
biscut
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 217
Hobbies : IT Geek
Humour : dark and perverted
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Dec 14 2012, 09:53

Yeah mine dropped stupidly after gaining my 1st yrs NCB, from over £250 tpf&t to £97 fully comp, trust me To at this point swap my cat for a blade!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Dec 14 2012, 12:08

Ive been driving a car 25 years and my NCB werent taken into account on my bike insurance and never have been, I dont think they do take them into account but I may be wrong.

When you get a quote they ask how long you've held a licence, that may help a little.

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Dec 14 2012, 12:43

In my experience, it isn't taken into consideration - their reasoning at the time as it's a different type of risk.
Your mileage my differ, as I was trying to carry a car and bike NCB from another country - an absolute no no even though it was with the same Insurance Company group.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2