Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACF50 Treatment

5 posters

Go down

ACF50 Treatment Empty ACF50 Treatment

Post  mikeyzf600 Mon Nov 05 2012, 22:51

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone's had it done before but I'd thought I'd post my experience up on it.

Went through allyearbiker.co.uk. and picked a person close to my location.

Took my bike there and was greeted with a cuppa, and whenever I fancied another one I could help myself. The person treating the bike started straight to work, degreasing the bike, snow foaming it, treating it with ACF50 and then polishing it.

I was really happy with the service and would highly recommend it, especially for people who ride all year round. Definitely worth the money. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. However, it's worth it even if its just for the clean!

For anyone who isn't familiar with ACF50, it's Anti-Corrosion Fluid and it stops corrosion in its tracks, ideal for us when the salt starts hitting the roads.

Regards

Mike
mikeyzf600
mikeyzf600
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 378
Hobbies : Electrician
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

ACF50 Treatment Empty Re: ACF50 Treatment

Post  Snowcat Tue Nov 06 2012, 09:25

Never had someone do it before but the first thing I did when I got my cat last year was buy a can, remove all the fairings, give her a good deep clean and coated the bike with the stuff.

Found that spraying it on was an expensive way to waste a can so on all but the hard to reach areas I decanted it into a container and painted it on. Supposedly works a treat. It's the first job this year for my new bike though to be honest I won't be riding this one nearly as much through the winter .
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Nov 06 2012, 09:31

I'm thinking of booking mine in for having it done properly, think the next one near me is in 2 weeks. I've always just sprayed it on myself, but probably getting too much in some areas and nothing in others.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyzf600 Tue Nov 06 2012, 11:24

Yeh I tried applying it myself before, as you said, got too much in some places and none in others. They manage to get it under the tank and all nooks and crannys which is always nice to know it's protected in places you can't see.

Regards

Mike
mikeyzf600
mikeyzf600
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 378
Hobbies : Electrician
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Tue Nov 06 2012, 11:38

hmmm might treat my bike to one of these things, thought about it last year but never did, will have to see if i can get someone to my place or if i have to ride to them
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:21

Aye, had this done a couple of times. Pricey but worth it in my opinion.

They put it on using an air mist tool on a compressor so it gets everywhere. Plus it saves me cleaning the bike Smile

Could be a group buy? Roy told me the more bikes he does, the cheaper it is.....
I know he does a few other bike groups in the area, local IAM etc

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum