Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maintaining..

2 posters

Go down

Maintaining.. Empty Maintaining..

Post  lankywardy Tue Sep 11 2012, 00:29

Hey Guys,

I have recently masively upgraded from my 125 to my Cat, but unfortunately i didnt look after my varadero as well as i should have. I will be riding my cat althrough winter and need a few pointers on the best way to maintain the bike. I understand that through winter there is alot of salt around and that the bike will need cleaning regularly to avoid corrosion and so on. But is there other stuff that i can do to keep the bike in tip top condition, as i havent even rode the bike yet, but i already love her to the point of me wanting to look after her.

Oil changes and oil filter changing is something i am going to take up, and i have a couple of cans of chain lube to keep me going. After seeing one of Toms posts ill probably be getting a paddock stand to help complete alot of her maintenence.

But yer any other ideas as i would really appreciate your input.

Maintaining.. Croppe10

Also i hope this could perhaps be a guide for others..
lankywardy
lankywardy
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Maintaining.. Empty Re: Maintaining..

Post  SteveCat Tue Sep 11 2012, 09:22

This might help link
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Maintaining.. Empty Re: Maintaining..

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 20:00

Get yourself a hanyes manual and I yours mine all year round as well so like to think I have a couple of ideas lol Laughing

1. Yes keep it clean the first year I had mine the winter eat my down pipes to bits and had to get a new one

2. keep any eye on brake pads they may start to make noise when you apply the brake nothing bad just there is crap build up.

3. Chain lube and adjustment.

4. Keep any eye on your swing arm one of the worst places to get rust.

Most of all enjoy and hope this helps Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum