Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streetfighter Project

3 posters

Go down

Streetfighter Project Empty Streetfighter Project

Post  Dai-San Fri Jul 06 2012, 17:46

After some soul searching and humming and ahhing I've decided to Streetfighter the Cat.

I intend to do a picture build thread once I start but this won't be until I get myself a replacement bike to commute to and from work on.

What I'm after to begin with is any members tips and tricks they may have investigated in the past that might help with which parts to look for etc.

I'm going to go down the single sided swingarm route so I will need to investigate the easiest fitment from the available options (VRF/NTV/Triumph etc).

I'm also going to swap the forks for some upside down ones so again I need to investigat the easiest option regarding yokes etc.

I'm also going to be after some help finding a good welder/fabricator for misc brackets/hangers etc as I intend to change the angle of the rear subframe etc.

So basically any help/suggestions would be gratefully received below Thumb
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Streetfighter Project Empty Re: Streetfighter Project

Post  robertcains Fri Jul 06 2012, 18:29

Not a clue about any information that will help you Bryan but I'm looking forward to your future postings now! I guess with this type of project its very much trial & error & many swear words thrown in too, I'll drop the swear box around later to help fund my next bike green smile
Have you considered what to do with the ram air intake yet? I have seen them left open at the frame intake but am curious as to the lack of ram air?
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Jul 06 2012, 18:51

If you need anything in aluminium or stainless steel Brian let me know mate, I'm your man for random bits of plate, angle etc Smile

And good luck with the project also
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Fri Jul 06 2012, 19:46

robertcains wrote:Have you considered what to do with the ram air intake yet? I have seen them left open at the frame intake but am curious as to the lack of ram air?

There's a Ram Air Mod apparently that takes care of that.
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down