Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pipe connection

3 posters

Go down

Pipe connection Empty Pipe connection

Post  covcat Wed Jun 27 2012, 20:39

Hi all.
I'm struggling to route a pipe on the Cat.

there are three pipes connected.
1. goes to the drain cup on the LHS of the bike.
2. goes from the drain cup to the nose cone
3. ? dont know. Haynes shows it laying across the engine but i don't where it connects.

The drain cup is the white one near the alternator cover on the LHS of the bike.

Ive looked on the exploded parts under intake and its part 49. if thats explain better.

thanks

covcat
covcat
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-24

Back to top Go down

Pipe connection Empty Re: Pipe connection

Post  Wooster Thu Jun 28 2012, 10:49

There should be another drain hose connected under the rear of the air filter, is that it?
15-16-17-18 on this image: http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2003/YZF600R%20-%20YZF600RR/INTAKE/parts.html

-edit- Ah, I see 49 now. Maybe it doesn't go anywhere and is just a breather/blanked hose. ponder
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Pipe connection Empty Re: Pipe connection

Post  past-it Thu Jun 28 2012, 11:56

Its breathers and drain pipes for the intake surge tanks, spent ages trying to find why the two side tanks are not connected to each other, even took another Cat apart to look at that one, in the end removed them and dropped them in the bin and fitted smaller hoses to each tank with plugs in them and routed them so I could drain out any water, got fed up with that and just removed the plugs and I let them drain all the time through washer jet pipe. Can't tell any difference in the performance of the bike or the fuel consumption.
past-it
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down