Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mirco soft hoax

+2
mrfrance
kwakkat
6 posters

Go down

mirco soft hoax  Empty mirco soft hoax

Post  kwakkat Fri May 11 2012, 18:50

ok just had a call form some claimimg to be from mirco soft saying my laptop computer is corrupt
asking me to then buy a uk liscence from them to delete the erorrs warning this is a hoax as i got hold of micro spoft tech to report it PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED BY IT ITS A SCAM
they even got a so called boss to call me back micro soft never call you
beware guys gals
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

mirco soft hoax  Empty Re: mirco soft hoax

Post  mrfrance Fri May 11 2012, 19:14

I had this a few weeks ago at my girlfriends house! ...I am no fool, they use Apple Mac lol
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Fri May 11 2012, 19:26

Aye it's been a round for a while but well worth mentioning.

They keep calling our work because, I think, someone got suckered into it last year and called me while 'support' were snooping around on their laptop via join.me and I told him to kick them pronto, get onto our own support team and tell them it might have been compromised. So I think they're hoping they get another sucker. green smile

Last time they called, the Project Manager strung them along for a bit and told them they'd called Strathclyde Police.
There was a bit of umming and erring at the other end then the line went dead. Laughing
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri May 11 2012, 20:16

kwakkat wrote: micro soft never call you

They won't call retail consumers. I've had them (the real Micro$oft) call me trying to get me to buy some nonsense they do make. I have disliked just about all their products since DOS 3.11, so in no time at all they regret calling - I use foul language using words like UNIX and Linux. pmsl

If anyone gets a call, thank them for pointing out the problem but as it is a new machine you will take it back to (PC World / Currys etc). Sometimes cutting them off might work, but they can be persistent.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Goxethee Sat May 12 2012, 05:02

They ring me every wednesday at 2pm which is bloody annoying as I'm always asleep at that time (I'm not lazy, I work nights) I have repeatedly told them I don't have a computer - they just put the phone down, then they ring me again the following week...

I'll try telling them I'm fed up with their unsolicited harassment & am now going to call the police. I'll let you know if it has any effect Neutral
Goxethee
Goxethee
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat May 12 2012, 10:06

You could sign up to the TPS service: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might have minimal affect right away since I think they use stolen databases, but it might help in the long run.
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sat May 12 2012, 10:36

One of my facebook friends got suckered in and it cost him £90 so they can be very realistic.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down