Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July

+17
robertcains
Snowcat
0ldcat
frazmcfraggle
TomCom
Cat72
terry lees
NoLongerChickenTim
furball
Eddie990
Ulstwarrior
Robcat
Rosco
SteveCat
ellie
billyw
Dirt Bike Dave
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July - Page 4 Empty Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Mar 13 2012, 16:04

First topic message reminder :

Have a 10 man Dorm and a double room provisionally booked (http://www.portrushholidayhostel.co.uk/) in Portrush.
The rest of the Hostel is already booked up so this is all we could get. There are however a few other places to stay in Portrush so accom shouldn't be a problem.
Google it and you'll see there are plenty.
They have offered me a deal for £35 per person for the whole weekend which is pretty good and includes continental breakfast and all bedding.
Kitchen facilities are available for anyone who fancies bacon buttes etc.
They have Wifi too.
They have space out the back for Bike parking as they told me they cater for the NW200 as well. Seem pretty biker friendly.  Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July - Page 4 436636
Hostel will be 1st come first served so if you wanna slot get you name down quick.
There is only 1 double room available so any couples coming along get in quick!!
I will need a £10 deposit paid by the 15th April to secure your bunk.
So Please cut 'n paste and add your name to the list if you are coming along.
More info to come over the next couple of weeks!!

Name Hostel Deposit Paid Ferry Booked
Bunkhouse

1. Dirt Bike Dave Yes Yes Yes
2. Rosco Yes Yes
Yes
3. Bravepil Euan Yes Yes
Yes
4. Furballs Yes Yes Yes
5. Billyw Yes Yes Yes
6. Athol Yes Yes Soon
7. Robcat Yes Yes
Yes
8. Alan M
Yes Yes Yes
9. Kenny M
Yes Yes
Yes
10. Norman A
Yes Yes
Yes (till Sunday)

Double

Stevecat

Yes

Yes

Yes
12. Pam Yes Yes
Yes

Rideout Only

UlstWarrior John

14.Cat72 Russ (hopefull)

Harbour Heights Guest House

Eddie 990
16.Terry Lees
17.ChickenTim
18.FJR Bob
19.Pete

Last edited by SteveCat on Sat Jun 23 2012, 16:03; edited 26 times in total (Reason for editing : updated list)
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July

Post  Robcat Tue Jul 03 2012, 11:17

That's the reason why I've not taken out the extra cover. Cost for just a few hours riding. Won't pick me up anyway if I have a spill.
Only mechanical or electrical breakdown.

Rob

Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July

Post  0ldcat Tue Jul 03 2012, 11:28

Eddie990 wrote:Another thing for folks to consider is breakdown cover, after much searching the cheapest I could find for Europe was £60 Shocked
I bet the Greeks, Italians, Spanish & Angela Merkel would all love European Breakdown Cover for £60 rofl

Sorry . . . . politics . . . against the rulez I know . . . . . . . BooBoo I'll get me coat.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulstwarrior Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:22

Hi ya folks, not long now till u visit this side of the pond.

To clarify few points... you dont need EU plates to visit Rep of Ireland, UK yellow plates are fine and as for breakdown we wont be in county donegal that overly long so its not necessary and if we do need breakdown AA should cover you and if it doesnt i can sort it to get your bike towed back in to Northern Ireland and you will be covered from there by AA or whoever.

was talking to Dirt Bike Dave last night. I will meet you folks off the ferry at Larne. if you want to do a coffee stop my house its 45 miles from the ferry, portrush is a further 25 miles north from there.

Only problems we will encounter on way to portrush is countrybound traffic on M2... your ferry gets in 530pm or so...motorway can get congested so if we filter through we should be grand. On Friday night i said to Dave would be gud to go to Joeys bar for a pint - the bar is still owned by Joey Dunlop's family and theres fair bit of memorabilia and the memorial garden is just yards away from the bar.

I was also discussing riding speeds with Dave. In the dark old days cops were on the look out for bad guys.... thankfully there are very few bad guys here who used to remove town centres with ground up fertiliser and red diesel mix...

This has freed the cops up for other activities so they tend to drive round in unmarked cars and jeeps fitted with number plate recognition software (just in case they meet bad guys) and lazer kit which determines your speed. Believe me there is no escape a mate who is an ex police officer got nailed for doing 87 on dual carriage way. he tried im an ex cop... and i was braking, neither of which worked.

I have suggested cos of the nature of the roads and the wet weather forecast we keep speeds to 60-70 on good roads, on the smaller country roads 55-60.

In days gone by you could have sped through the Rep of Ireland and when you got a ticket you laughed at the Gardai officer... im a british citizen tough shit ticket not getting paid and there was nothing they could do about it... now there is joint up policing and a ticket issued by Gardai is valid as are fixed penalty points on UK citizens.

Other than that folks you hopefully will have a great time and the weather will be kind to us and you will see some of the best that Northern Ireland has to offer and I hope i can return to your side of the pond asap for a ride out, i was over at the Farmyard Rally @ Helmsley few weeks ago thats my first bike trip in GB, so got sat nav sorted n hopefully wont be my last hoping to Storm the Castle at Co Durham.

Any other queries drop Dirt Bike Dave a line and he will keep you right or if need be my mobile is 07793502487.

John
Ulstwarrior
Ulstwarrior
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 17
Hobbies : Bikez, food, outdoors
Humour : Yeah got a sense of one
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Tue Jul 03 2012, 14:11

Rosco wrote:Bu66er that - we'll club together and buy you recovery.

LOL +1 on that, nearly killed me last time green smile
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Jul 03 2012, 19:14

furball wrote:
Rosco wrote:Bu66er that - we'll club together and buy you recovery.

LOL +1 on that, nearly killed me last time green smile

Ditto. I'm sure I had a KTM pannier imprint on my Bollards for a few days after the Bristol incident.

Cheers posting up the info John, see you on the other side Friday night mate.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Jul 03 2012, 19:42

Behave yourself children & have a great time, fingers crossed for good weather, can't wait for the right up!

Take care

Ellie xx
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Jul 03 2012, 20:23

Careful there Ellie, right up! umm, or write up!
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Jul 03 2012, 20:26

They love it up 'em
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Jul 03 2012, 20:38

OK the northern contingent, breakfast has been booked at the Oakthorpe in Windermere for 8.00 am sharpe (the full monty) can't wait umm
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Tue Jul 03 2012, 20:42

8? Thought it was at 9.

Bye-eck, I'll have to leave an hour earlier!
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Jul 03 2012, 20:44

Guys we wanna be meeting up at the ferry terminal at 1400 at the latest..
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Tue Jul 03 2012, 21:55

See you all there, counting down the hours, finish work (well that's what I call it) tomorrow at half three. Pub then collapse, Thursday new tyre and oil change, Friday and its A75 time, can't wait.

Cheers
Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jul 04 2012, 00:19

Cheers for the heads up John.

Be good to meet you and looking forward to the everything except the weather :( I think.

Sounds like you and DBD have everything sorted.
I booked in for a bit of back marking.

Meeting Euan in Strathaven then will try and meet some of you in Ayr enroute to Cairnryan.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Jul 04 2012, 07:59

Sorry Rob, it is 9.00 not 8.00 my mistake, another hour in bed
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Wed Jul 04 2012, 10:44

Thank god for that. Setting off around 6:15 to meet ya up at Leyburn fuel station.

Undecided about either leathers and a boil in the bag outfit or textile. Some one said it is meaning to rain over there.

Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Jul 04 2012, 11:23

I think its going to pee down most of the weekend bud.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Jul 04 2012, 11:48

terry lees wrote:I think its going to pee down most of the weekend bud.

Yup bring yer wellies!!!

Although i have just checked the long range forecast and it is looking a bit better and drier for Portrush this weekend so we might be ok!! Thumb
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Jul 04 2012, 13:59

Oh joy of joys, new tyres fitted, just been out to bed them in, and transformed what had become a ill handling behemoth into the sweet handling FJR that I know and love, the transformation never ceases to amaze me. All ready for BM now, by the way should I bring my passport?
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Jul 04 2012, 14:10

If ya like. Don't think you need it though. I'm taking mine just incase. Think you'll be ok with a picture driving license.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat72 Wed Jul 04 2012, 22:06

Gent's no passport required to travel to NI from GB or from NI to the Republic. Dvr license or some form of picture ID always useful in case of any incidents. Great weather today but long range forecasts that those who carry GoreTex will smile the longest.
Cat72
Cat72
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 10
Humour : Dry, Dark and Incorrect
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jul 04 2012, 22:58

terry lees wrote:Oh joy of joys, new tyres fitted, just been out to bed them in, and transformed what had become a ill handling behemoth into the sweet handling FJR that I know and love, the transformation never ceases to amaze me. All ready for BM now, by the way should I bring my passport?

Anything to get your old passport photo out

Big Mick Master List - 6th July - 9th July - Page 4 Knilmotorcycles
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Jul 05 2012, 09:55

Cheeky GIT
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Jul 05 2012, 12:26

Just been checking on the met. office site, looks like us northern lads are going to be lucky with the weather tomorrow.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Thu Jul 05 2012, 13:03

Cheers, because us midland folk are due some heavy heavy rain over the course of tonight and morning.

Shiny bike becomes dull bike, tadaaaaa........ Mad
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Jul 05 2012, 13:09

Guys, I spoke to the hostel about towels and they do have hand towels in the room. I guess if you can fit one in your luggage prob bring your own. If not then should be ok.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:03

wink thumb up Enjoy your weekend away guys - Have a great time and Ride Safe Thumb
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next