Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice run today on the Cat in Angus

2 posters

Go down

Nice run today on the Cat in Angus Empty Nice run today on the Cat in Angus

Post  Mapman Sat Mar 10 2012, 00:48

Hi folks,

Just a quick wee wright up after having my first long(ish) run on the Cat today. I wrote a week or so ago about not feeling comfy on the bike and having sore wrists etc and I'm delighted to say this is starting to lessen. I've had a few short runs over the last few days and definately starting to become "bike-fit" again, happy days.

Went for a run today with a mate who has a '93 YZF750. I was really keen for him to try my Cat so he could give me some professional feedback and I was eager to try out his machine so I can compare another big bike to mine. Something I've never had the pleasure of doing.

I sat on the 750 and felt instantly comfortable. Well, the riding position was spot on but the seat cushioning was almost nil so it made me appreciate the softer seat of the Cat but made me loathe the bar setup I had. I was able to chuck the little 750 into the corners easily and power through and out with ease. I say "little" because although a bigger engine the frame is definately smaller and more compact, the bars seemed turned in and downward slightly, more of a race setup than the touring-bias Cat. I liked it. Made me realise that all I have to do is adjust my clip-on and lever angles so I've done that tonight in preparation for a longer run tomorrow.

When I asked my mate for feedback on the Cat, he was really impressed. Said the power delivery was silky smooth and very torquey. Rear shock was setup a bit too stiff for his liking but I didn't really notice a difference between the two so I'll leave it as it is for now and maybe try and adjust later once my experience is up a bit. He was most impressed by the brakes, as am I, they are totally awesome and only need two fingers at most to exert more than enough pressure. The 750 on the other hand needed a fair squeeze despite it's larger 6 pot calipers.

Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there as it were and share the joys of Thundercat ownership.

Well chuffed green smile

Mapman.
Mapman
Mapman
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 194
Hobbies : Cars/Bikes/Skiing/Golf/etc
Humour : Some
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down