Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hesitation/ stuttering under full load

+7
past-it
weasley
Mrboss81
Jtpt2007
SteveCat
0ldcat
Dean-J
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hesitation/ stuttering under full load - Page 2 Empty Hesitation/ stuttering under full load

Post  Dean-J Sun Feb 26 2012, 18:19

First topic message reminder :

Ok so went for a good ride out today and was pushing fairly hard in places, sometimes when at full throttle the bike would hesitate for <second, then continue as normal. Only way i can describe it is someone flicking the kill switch off and back on again instantly, it literally stops pulling, then continues. Less than a second each time it did it, although once or twice it did it a couple times in succession.

At first i thought the rear wheel was losing traction, but i have ruled that out due to the fact that the roads it happened on were completely clear of debris/fuel and was a nice warm sunny day.

Any ideas anyone?? ( i have a couple of other issues also, but dont think they would be related? see my topics in the electrical section)

Cheers
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 244
Humour : Filthy!
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Hesitation/ stuttering under full load - Page 2 Empty Re: Hesitation/ stuttering under full load

Post  YZFJohn Thu Mar 29 2012, 15:02

SteveCat wrote:err, two different bikes, hence the Q. scratch What am I missing Hesitation/ stuttering under full load - Page 2 878948377

My question was directed at Mrboss81 and not dean-j, sorry if it has caused confusion.

What I'm trying to establish is if there is a 'total' electrical failure.
Mention is made the rear tyre is skidding and possibly the headlight is going off and then on again. Possibly the skidding is occurring because all 4 cylinders are not firing (as if the kill switch was off).

My Bad Steve. wall BooBoo

YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Hesitation/ stuttering under full load - Page 2 Empty Re: Hesitation/ stuttering under full load

Post  SteveCat Thu Mar 29 2012, 15:07

You not angling for another numpty point are you? Lets not be greedy Hesitation/ stuttering under full load - Page 2 3077217049
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Mar 29 2012, 15:08

No, but a cure for this cold would be nice. nurse

Had a coughing fit just before a 90 at the weekend and my visor completely misted! stars
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrboss81 Fri Mar 30 2012, 01:31

She haves no tach error, and when she does all the hesitation, the headlight flickers. Saw it once on a car in front of me in the reflection. And then in a dark spot on the road, noticed it...

Still no news, the guy is trying to test another component from a compatible bike, to see where is the problem
Mrboss81
Mrboss81
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Mar 30 2012, 09:16

You might find the tach is going to 0 when this happens though.

Seems to me there is a connection problem to the battery.

Ignition switch, fuse box, earth connection to the chassis, the battery itself are possible items to check.
You are looking for a main component here which carries or switches all the electrical power and not something which might control just part of the system like the ignition.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrboss81 Thu Apr 19 2012, 11:48

Ok, some update: ordered from a used parts dealer, TPS, CDI, and also a sensor next to the fuel pump. And also some other gadget to try. Tomorrow all will arrive, and tested one at the time. What is not needed, will go back.

I'll give back some info on the problem saturday, or monday. The weather is not on the mood to give her a road test
Mrboss81
Mrboss81
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mapman Wed May 02 2012, 23:28

How did you get on with this mate, I'm curious ponder
Mapman
Mapman
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 194
Hobbies : Cars/Bikes/Skiing/Golf/etc
Humour : Some
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrboss81 Thu May 03 2012, 11:45

Still the same. CDI did not do the trick. Waiting for the rest, because the part dealer, did not send all of it
Mrboss81
Mrboss81
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrboss81 Mon May 14 2012, 11:26

Well, it got worse. When I give some more throttle, it starts to backfire, and stutters a lot. Let her for good in the mechanic. Lets see whats wrong with it, hope it's the final sympthom of the hesitation problem. Will keep you updated
Mrboss81
Mrboss81
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon May 14 2012, 11:57

Hope you get it sorted out soon mate, damn frustrating when you can't get to the bottom of a problem.

It's normally the simplest of answers too but lets hope it just gets done Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrboss81 Mon May 14 2012, 13:31

Maybe if the problem is solved, I'm thinking trading for a '05 cbr 600rr that he have there in the shop. it's from a client, and it's for sale for 4000 euros. if he accepts a trade in, i'll give him half. Dont know yet. Lets see how it turns out solving the problem
Mrboss81
Mrboss81
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mapman Tue May 15 2012, 23:47

Sounds like a set of new (well, second hand) carbs would sort you out and they would have a TPS already on them. Under £100, sorted.

Let us know the final outcome anyway mate. good luck.
Mapman
Mapman
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 194
Hobbies : Cars/Bikes/Skiing/Golf/etc
Humour : Some
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrboss81 Wed May 16 2012, 00:17

Yeah, he ordered the complete set of carbs, but it's on the other end of the country, and the guy likes to save money shipping it with more material. Hope this week arrives something, because, i'm losing excellent weather, and still haven't tried my new rear michelin in hot temperatures....
Mrboss81
Mrboss81
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrboss81 Fri Jun 22 2012, 12:12

Finally. She's allready on the move, and good as new (even better now like it was before the problems)

New coils (electric coils), don't know if the correct name in english. Didn't need new (used) set of carbs, and some other gizmos.

Also put some new spark plugs, the old ones were there for almost 2 years
Mrboss81
Mrboss81
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Jun 22 2012, 13:33

Glad it has finally been sorted, thanks for telling us what was wrong wink thumb up
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2