Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

+3
0ldcat
mrfrance
HEHORE
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton) - Page 2 Empty local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

Post  HEHORE Sun Feb 26 2012, 15:15

First topic message reminder :

I really want to go on a ride out next Sunday if the weather is as nice as today , I don't know any good places to ride but I'm hoping you do , none of my mates have bikes so I don't go out much , hoping to go to loomies area or new forest , and meet a few of you ( Mr France and dean j ) so what do you think ? Want to plan something on either 3rd sorry sunday is the 4th (as pointed out by dean ) or 11th march ? And know some good routes ?

Last edited by HEHORE on Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:17; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : because i cant work out dates)
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton) - Page 2 Empty Re: local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:32

that would be the better route , (no fareham) so plans a good'en , unless paul has a bit he would like to add ???

HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Back to top Go down

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton) - Page 2 Empty Re: local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

Post  mrfrance Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:21

There is a real nice bit of road past Loomies towards bishops waltham which is used to train the police bikers, it will really challenge your ability Smile I have the route from Steve's first link so only pay attention to the bit I have added. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by mrfrance on Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:30; edited 2 times in total
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:23

Dean-J wrote:NO way im riding down the A27!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Funny that, I feel the same about it - OK I guess if you need to get somewhere.

What time you thinking of getting to Petworth?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:29

Links not working for me?

Am cool with that though, possibly know the road your talking about, will wait for a working link Smile

Steve, erm, well if we leave Portsdown about 10:15am id imagine we'd be at petworth around Midday traffic/weather/confidence allowing?
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 244
Humour : Filthy!
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:33

Oh and yes I have no problem with your friends Dean Smile ...How fast is your fast friend? deal on the twisties I mean (coz thats where it counts) Thumb
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:09

its looking good , i really cant wait

pauls edit was left at loomies staying on a272 turn left onto A31 follow it round (next to m3) then back along morestead road left onto b3035 then its back onto a32
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:12

SteveCat wrote:
Dean-J wrote:NO way im riding down the A27!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Funny that, I feel the same about it - OK I guess if you need to get somewhere.

What time you thinking of getting to Petworth?
you thinking about joining us ??
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:17

I am supposed to go to Essex, but if I can change plans then possibly I'll meet you in Petworth and ride the A272 to Petersfield or West Meon/ Loomies
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Feb 28 2012, 11:48

Would be nice for you to join us Steve Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:26

My fast friend is VERY fast and he is a twisties guy 100%. Put it this way, in his clubs fast group he is one of if not the fastest rider, and they all ride R1S and thous....
Id be massively impressed if he went for it and you kept up! Wink but then iv never seen you ride so i dont know, you could well be a demon!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:28

Haha I don't know about a demon but I do keep up with my friends on their R1s Smile we shall see....
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Feb 28 2012, 14:10

Umm . . . Errr . . . While it's great you're organising a get together and ride out. Please don't let it desend into a testosterone fueled one-upmanship competition.

I know I'm sounding like the old fuddy-duddy old my solar orbits chronograph shows in my profile but (think of "The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin - CJ), I didn't get to where I am today bye being foolhardy Laughing

Sorry don't mean to lecture. Not my place to do so, but all this "I can hold me own keeping up with . . ." etc. has a nasty habit of ending in tears Crying or Very sad

I hope you guys have a great day out with fair, if not sunny balmy weather sunny .

Keep it shiney side up, rubber side down Thumb

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Tue Feb 28 2012, 14:19

Rule number one of a ride out is

"you ride your own ride"

If you can stick to that, theres no need for anything to end in tears!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Feb 28 2012, 14:33

"you ride your own ride"

If you can stick to that, theres no need for anything to end in tears!.

I agree! Not to worry Oldcat, I certainly don't feel like I have to prove anything, I will only ride how I know I can ride... I have a family to think about Smile

But that does'nt have to stop me having a bit of healthy competitive fun so long as its safe to do so...
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Tue Feb 28 2012, 14:40

This ^^^

Smile
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:15

Dean-J wrote:Rule number one of a ride out is

"you ride your own ride"

If you can stick to that, theres no need for anything to end in tears!
Thanks for the reminder Dean Wink green smile

I'm aware of the principles of group riding ta Smile and of course you're right that that is high on the priority list. And yer wee small writing at the bottom of your post is true too mrfrance.

I tried to come over tongue in cheek-ish and not as a lecturer as I said in my post.
We are all riders of differing experience and ability. All I wished to do was bring that to mind (which I've achieved judging by the flack I'm taking), and hope people would remember "Rule number one" and not feel unnecessarily pressured to push outside their own comfort zone, which despite the saying, sometimes self induced does happen.

Wasn't supposed to upset anyone . . . . . I hope you all have a great day Thumb Would love to tag on, but it's a wee bit of a trek from here and back + the ride out all in one day :(

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:19

Don't worry Tel we know your intentions are only good Smile
I certainly wouldn't encourage any stupidity or encourage anyone to follow me into anything stupid rofl2

Its always good to hear an elder pass on his wisdom old clink
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:30

Sorry if i came across as being funny Tel, wasnt my intentions at all! Just pointing out that there is no reason for anyone to come a cropper on a ride out as long as they remember the golden!

I dont ride beyond my capabilities, although i do push them sometimes ( how am i going to get better if i dont!) But i will never try and ride at someone else's pace if im not comfortable doing so!

we always mark junctions etc so no need for anyone to be feeling pressurised into riding faster!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  past-it Tue Feb 28 2012, 18:17

Must be a age thing Oldcat, I do agree with you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and over the last six years some of the antics I've seen on group rides is the reason for my hair loss and remaining hair turning gray Rolling Eyes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . For some strange reasons when on a motorbike good intentions have a bad habit of running away and hiding . But on the other hand, enjoy the ride, a good old scare now and again is good for the heart if not the the underwear [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
past-it
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:02

Weather isn't looking great for the weekend! I guess we will have to see what its like on the day...
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:32

Not me, ill be out come rain or shine!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:06

Not me, ill be out come rain or shine!.

I only do that for commuting, because I have to! Neutral

If I am riding for fun then I like to have nice dry roads so I can lean in tight and fast... not so brave when its too wet. Hopefully won't be too bad as I am rather looking forward to the ride.
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:11

BT023's... more grip in the wet than i have the bottle to use! lol
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:19

Thats the tyres I am using also... but yes it all comes down to how far you are prepared to push it No
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:22

Don't mind a bit of rain but if its pissing down , I'm sorry to say I won't be out
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Wed Feb 29 2012, 14:47

mrfrance wrote:

"you ride your own ride"

If you can stick to that, theres no need for anything to end in tears!.

I agree! Not to worry Oldcat, I certainly don't feel like I have to prove anything, I will only ride how I know I can ride... I have a family to think about Smile

and im just starting a family so i know i cant be stupid!
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next