Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

she took a long time to start this morning!

4 posters

Go down

she took a long time to start this morning! Empty she took a long time to start this morning!

Post  Big sy Mon Sep 19 2011, 07:16

Morning all, just a quick one, my cat starts first time every time on the button, this morning though she fired straight up as normal but I didn't give her a rev as I didn't wanna wake half the street, she cut out then didn't wanna start! She must of turened over for about a minute with not so much as a pop, then when she fired up she was fine, is this normal?

P.S. think I'm gonna invest in some baffles for my fuel can! Lol.

Cheers,
Simon.
Big sy
Big sy
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

she took a long time to start this morning! Empty Re: she took a long time to start this morning!

Post  weasley Mon Sep 19 2011, 07:25

Mine always needs a whiff of throttle to start, even on full choke. Now it's colder, even more so.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

she took a long time to start this morning! Empty Re: she took a long time to start this morning!

Post  seancat Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:26

Think its normal.
Mine wont start if I dont give it a small rev on start up (even with the choke on full and the sun shining on her!) Shocked
seancat
seancat
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 152
Hobbies : Designer
Humour : Drier than a Nuns chuff!
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Sep 19 2011, 20:18

If I touched the throttle on mine in the first 10 seconds until the revs went up then she would stall.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Big sy Mon Sep 19 2011, 20:38

Thanks for the replys, iv ordered some baffles from fuel, should be fine for me to give her a wee rev at 6:40 in the morning without fear of waking everyone up....i hope lol.

Simon.
Big sy
Big sy
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down