Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie Empty Re: Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 11 2009, 23:06

Nice Wheels.

Tell us now Ellie ...... were you going for the BRUM look?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What's the other bike you've not us about........looks like a fast one to me 👅

New colour scheme is going to be ........ ?????

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie Empty Re: Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 09:04

The other bike is Steves (Mr Ellie!), and its a haga rep Aprillia Mille RSVR aka 'Thor, the God of Thunder or 2 smoking barels.............Haven't ventured out on that one yet,will do when a bit more confident.......
Yes my colours are crap, but it was cheap, and thats why its getting a re-spray!!!
Not sure whether to do Kenny Roberts Rep, or ??????? Thats why it hasnt been done yet, I can't decide. I want something 'different' from everybody elses though......any ideas?????
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12 2009, 09:54

You could always leave it like it is .... that's different lol. I did see a purple one at louth but it wasn't nice. Where you getting it done Ellie, Coningsby? There's a good place for the wheels at Gosberton if you need anywhere - Neil is taking his Guzzi's in tomorrow. (he actually got them done in Norfolk last week - powder coated and they were done really well - the only problem is he decided to try a different colour gold to what they are at the moment and it doesn't look right with the gold on the bike so rather than go all the way back there he's taking them to Gosberton instead - someone said something about this place on one of his forums so he rang up and spoke to the guy and they're going in tomorrow).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 10:06

I've been for a quote from 2dxtreme. and also a chap in Horncastle, I'm on holiday next week so might start stripping it then. I only pain £800 for it, and I've put Beowulf exhaust on it, Renthal Sprocket, DID gold chain, and new tyres,so when its painted should last me a couple of years, then might move on..... to something bigger.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 10:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My 125cc.....I sold her last autumn, but if she'd been quicker I would have kept her, I loved my varadero..........Fantastic first bike....
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12 2009, 10:21

ellie wrote:I've been for a quote from 2dxtreme. and also a chap in Horncastle, .

How much 2DXtreme quote you out of interest? They're on our club preferential rates lists - so somewhere else i get discount from Smile There is also a guy out near spalding who is very good apparently.

Dunno where you get your tyres from but this guy is really good :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Comes out and does it at your home (ooer missus naughty ) so you don't need to even get the bike out the garage if you don't want to! We have loads of tyre places on our PR lists and i usually take her to Holbeach Tyres because they do a ride in/ride out service there (and discount obviously!) but last time i rang round them all on our list (Bush, F&T etc) then rang this guy that Neil had found out about and he quoted me exactly the same price on most of them .. about £5 more on a couple and the Dunlops i got (which i know people don't like but i get on ok with them) worked out a good £20 cheaper than i'd been quoted elsewhere and i didn't have to leave my house (well i made him a coffee obviously). He's bike mad too so he knows his stuff. Worth a call next time you're looking for tyres. Covers out as far as Newark i think he said too and does emergency repair so he's in my mobile just in case!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 10:49

Funny you should say that....thats who did my chain sprocket and tyres!! he is very good, my husband uses him a lot as he works for the RAC.
2dextreme quoted about £750 if I stripped it myself. chap in horncastle quote £600 but he's a bit long winded apparently but has done a bike that was on the front of Street Bike Mag in November.
I keep changing my mind for colours but I need to get my finger out and get t done......
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12 2009, 14:14

Dunno if that bloke neil's taking his wheels to tomorrow only does that or does resprays too - i'll get him to ask him. BTW, do you know if your OH had the 'cat at Spilsby bike night last year? Neil is convinced we saw it there - i can only remember a very sorry looking red one but he's usually right. (tho i don't tell him that Laughing ). Do sneckspeed know any of anyone? Used to be someone up the road from me did them but don't think they're there anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 14:59

Well Bu**er me, tell him he's right...we were at spilsby bike night, one of our first trips out, I was on My honda varadero,and the old man would have been on the 'cat, but he probably had only had it a day or two. We frequent Sneckspeed frequently!! Alot of my Bank Statements seem to have their name on it.........I'd not been on a bike in my life 'till last march (appart from a lad I used to fancy when I was 16, and he used to let me go on the back but I can't remember wearing a helmet!!)
so all this is new to me....... But I'm learning quickly!!! Steve passed his test last june, he had a fizzy when he was 16, but that was 25 yrs ago.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Feb 12 2009, 15:36

Dream Machine might have a few colour schemes for you to look at, just click HERE, and roll over the thumbnails to see the bikes enlarged.
They're kind of expensive, so use as an ideas to bounce off kinda thing eh. The red, white and blue Fazer in kenny roberts style looks good.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 15:44

Thankyou so much.... I've had a look, I quite like the Kenny Roberts rep, I might do that.......BTW, your avatar gives me the creeps!!!!!!!It makes me jump every time it pops up!!!!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Feb 12 2009, 17:56

BOOOO !!
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12 2009, 20:10

ellie wrote:Well Bu**er me, tell him he's right...we were at spilsby bike night,

BOLLOX - he has the memory of an elephant yeah that was a good night for their first one - guy who organised it sorted the Barnet for me. Our charity one was completely rained on it had been fab the year before, still made a load of money for LIVES though - fingers crossed the weather stays fine for it this year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 20:15

Cool, there are some good bike nites and stuff in Lincolnshire,when the sun shines,there's usually somewhere to go.....

Our charity one was completely rained on it had been fab the year before, still made a load of money for LIVES though - fingers crossed the weather stays fine for it this year.

Wheres that??
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12 2009, 20:25

Revesby. Boston Bike Night usually gets good turnout - club usually has a stand there. We also organise Lincoln Bike Fest too although to be honest i'm not that enamoured with it - probably if i wasn't having to stand around directing numpties i'd enjoy it more.. but there again probably not. I'm not doing it this year i got peed off with it last year grumpy
Was at Springfields that was ok although i didn't think it was as good as last year. Baytree are having one this year which should be good - got loads of room there too.
if you want a forward plan of boston bike night etc its on our calendar - not definitive as we keep updating it but got most of the stuff thats going on around the county
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 20:36

Did Boston Bike Night, my bike got locked in the park and I had to leg it over the gate in my leathers!!! naughty
We did Lincoln Bike Fest also....it was OK, I think the weather was bad??
Keep thinking about joining Wolds Bikers, I used to live at Revesby.
I always hear really good reports about Wolds Bikers..
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12 2009, 20:56

Lincoln was sh!te and me and my mate jackie were in a stinking mood all through it not least because of the rain which didn't help - luckily (or unluckily depending which way you look at it) the committee don't actually get to vote on whether or not we do it otherwise there'd probably be 2 of the committee either abstaining or upsetting people by saying no lol. unsurprisingly people were getting confused by the word BIG in it and expecting a really big bike thing not realising it actually stood for Business Initiative Group or something so it's getting missed out this year! It didn't help that due to the rain a lot of stallholders didn't turn up either.

At the moment the charity bike night still going ahead at revesby although pub under temp management so if they don't stay or get new tenants we'll be going elsewhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Feb 12 2009, 21:00

OK, I'll keep my eye out for that one...cheers very much!!!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  westie Sun Feb 15 2009, 20:35

ellie wrote:I always hear really good reports about old Bikers..

That's me covered then, & it's all true Wink
westie
westie
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 164
Hobbies : Retired into DIY & house renovation.
Humour : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Feb 15 2009, 20:42

Old Bikers don't die they just smell that way........
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  westie Sun Feb 15 2009, 20:49

And I just had a bath too Crying or Very sad
westie
westie
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Feb 15 2009, 20:55

Did that yourself?or did a nurse pop round?!!!LOL lol!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  westie Mon Feb 16 2009, 18:23

ellie wrote:or did a nurse pop round?!!!LOL lol!

I should be so lucky naughty
westie
westie
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Feb 17 2009, 21:30

Just a note to say......
You were rught Suzie, It wasnt my Thundercat at Spilsby Bike Night last year, I've just checked the date, and I would have been on my 125 Varadero.It was the 21st May 2008 apparently??

Hope that clarifys the situation......

Ellie xx
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17 2009, 22:23

Ah - must say i'd thought it was June - least he wasn't right! BTW - i asked a couple of people and they seemed to think your quote a bit on the heavy side if you were expected to strip the bike yourself. FYI you may want to check out this chap

he's the one at Gosberton - went over there with the guzzi wheels the other day as neil had heard about him from another forum. I did mention that i knew someone that was looking to have their cat resprayed and that you'd had a couple of quotes. He also seemed a bit surprised about the price. Said if you were passing to call in if you wanted. Also said that when he did them he generally included the whole lot in the quote and in addition he would have the bike hooked up to an optimate and all manner of other stuff (at which point i'm afraid i switched off - sorry! lol) but if you knew what you wanted he could give you a quote or if you didn't he'd be happy to discuss things or call in on the bike and they'd put the kettle on. I'm going to get my wheels done at some there.
He says he only does one thing at once so when he books his jobs in he works on one thing at once. Seems a nice bloke - let you know when the wheels come back!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next