Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My bike blog

+8
Radar
TomCom
Stu
Snowcat
mechy69
Rosco
reciprocity
MrNutt
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My bike blog Empty My bike blog

Post  MrNutt Fri Aug 12 2011, 22:28

Evening all,

I decided a few weeks ago to start my own bike blog, its nothing serious but just things that catch my eye or attention in the biking world I thought I would write about. And an excuse to ramble and waffle about things that annoy me Very Happy at heart I am already a grumpy old man

The posts might not make that much sense but did when I thought it all out in my head! tongue

I am not that expereinced a as biker compared to most but thought would just be a bit of fun as I am a youff and not seen many blogs from us younger bikers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enjoy!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

My bike blog Empty Re: My bike blog

Post  MrNutt Fri Aug 12 2011, 22:48

if anyone would like to add their own articles to it please let me know, or any topic suggestions I do try to be a bit tongue in cheek and light heard ted about all the topics
tongue
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Aug 29 2011, 18:23

new post up on the big old issue of clothing for bikers
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Fri Oct 07 2011, 23:22

new post up, hopefully with provoke a small chuckle and some will have had similar experiences ponder
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  reciprocity Sat Oct 08 2011, 00:21

I really enjoyed reading through that last one. I might have a few mini blogs you can throw in there if you like. Will write up a couple and let you know.
reciprocity
reciprocity
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sat Oct 08 2011, 12:20

Thanks! glad you liked some of the bits, please do send me some bits can add them in as guest appearances Very Happy
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 22:32

Yeah I liked the last post you put up too. Of course we all have our pet hates when it comes to other road users and there are people out there who really don't have a clue/don't like bikes/are far too impatient and so on. That said, while I've only been back in the saddle a couple of years since I was a youthful biker back in the 90s, I've been a road user for a long time and I've tried to a) realise I make mistakes too - and have been on a driver ed course because of one particular mistake - and b) take a view of not letting any twat who pisses me off piss me off, if you see what I mean. Couple of deep breaths into the helmet and tell myself I'm clearly a superior being, then try and not let it bug me.
That said, getting a list of pet hates down is a good thing - all what you've listed I agree with (bike related - I scrape off the burnt bits on my toast and eat it anyway) and it helps you remember the dangers they pose.
I hate all road users who throw litter out of the car. And souped-up old Clios/Corsas/Fiestas etc. And m'way middle lane hoggers. And I really hate seeing someone on their mobile phone.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sat Oct 08 2011, 23:29

ah a man after my own heart! I to have now signed up for a bike safe course to improve my riding as I know its not the best, (never will be either I bet Shocked )

I completely agree with with the litter aspect, especially as a biker, last year got a rather large plastic bag stuck in my front wheel because some inconsiderate teabag threw it out his sodding window!
Drivers on phones annoys the crap out of me as you just know they aren't then actually paying any attention to the road!

My favorite thing about the ickle boy racers, especially in my home town is they don't get power to weight ratios, yes a massive stereo and all the other cheap trinketry from team halfords may make it all soupchavtastic but doesn't do much for the poor little 1 litre engine under the bonnet and that but casually moving away at lights on a bike means I won't be heading for a) and accident and b) complete humiliation if i do decide to give it some beans away from the lights

glad to you like the blog, I write just for a bit of fun, meant to be a bit tongue in cheek but do try to cover some more serious and relevant topics, didn't think anyone actually read the thing! If there are any topics people want covering let me know
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Oct 08 2011, 23:43

Interesting read Dave. Don't think I'd be risking knocking on windows though. Don't think it specifically covered on bike safe either.

A bike safe course is REALLY an eye opener.

You make your decisions on what you can see from your current vantage point. You will be picking better vantage points (road position) and should see a lot more after you've been on a bike safe course.

I've got a Strathclyde police CD / DVD hiding somewhere.
I'll try and dig it out and make it available.

Enjoy

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sat Oct 08 2011, 23:53

Cheers Rosco, I have read lots about the courses and now I am at a point in my riding where I want to learn more and seems a sound and logical step to make.

As for knocking on the window, it was the only way to get this lasses attention, horn didn't do it annoyingly!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Fri Oct 14 2011, 01:42

Another new post up!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sat Oct 22 2011, 00:14

new post up now, bit more generic to all of us road users, hopefully you all enjoy it!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Sat Oct 22 2011, 07:41

well , as to cars moving over to block when filtering,, these have been getting less over the last 3-5 years, people overtaking and not indicating are quite frequent as overtaking on an a road can be a grasp a chance moment for a car so give them greater care now after collecting a few door mirrors to remind them im there!!!!!
drivers on motorways ,, well i drive a bright yellow van with signs and lights on ,and they still pull out without seeing me, so fully expect it on a bike, you need to get using your horn a bit more!! it can have a great effect , seen some head for the ditch in shock!
Nodding to other bikers,,,, i always do it, regardless of what they are on, yes there are some whoare obviously better than we are so sod em! (must be bmw drivers!)
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 14:27

Nodding to other bikers....
I do it to nearly everyone. Not scooters or 125 commuters unless they nod to me. Not patch clubs. And not to every biker in a group ride cos I'd get neck ache Very Happy
I find there's no identifiable group that dont return the nod - some do some dont. And sometimes I'm focussing on the road etc and dont bother to nod.
If I get a nod I reply. And if someone replies to mine then good; if not well, there you go.
And I've never rode on the continent but t'would appear that sticking the leg out is the equivalent from some nationalities. I've had numerous "leg waves" from foreign riders.
Speed cameras? Hmmmm........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sat Oct 22 2011, 15:25

as said before the blog is just a bot of fun nowt to serious, that's how I aim to write it, the topics are just things that come to me, I notice as I ride along or things people suggest to me.

Speed cameras are different things to different people, I just feel maybe if they whole situation had been dealt with in a better way than it has I may have differing views on them, that post was mainly based on the cameras round near me, other places may differ
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 21:49

I like reading what you have to say. And I can agree with a lot of it. I think my age means I'm a bit more "whatever" to many things. Not sure if that's good or bad. Bit of both probably. But I too feel aggrieved by speed cameras - not so much cos they photograph people breaking the speed limit, but for the underlying motives behind them being there. And the fact is that I'd happily see more police on the roads using human judgement to stop people who really are dangerous rather than simplistic revenue raising machines punishing people who may be completely alert and safe but just a tad over a speed limit arbitrarily set by a local council. But what can you do? Hence my hmmmmm cos I shouldn't get started on such topics. Keep up the writing. It's good for the soul Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Oct 24 2011, 22:16

Ta for the comments, having read your bit on cameras, that was the line I was trying to take with it and agree with you about putting more police out, and that the yellow cash machines are for safety, oh yeah sorry the yellow boxes are for safety green smile

I will keep writing, makes my redundancy/current unemployment a bit more entertaining!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Oct 31 2011, 23:21

new post up guys and girls

bikes vs cars
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Wed Dec 14 2011, 16:05

New post up, let me know what you think
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Dec 15 2011, 16:48

Some good reading there. Please keep it up:)
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Thu Dec 15 2011, 16:51

cheers dude, going a bit quiet over winter as can't get out on the bike so much, but will always find something to write about green smile
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Jan 16 2012, 15:47

been a while but found something to rattle my own cage about, enjoy!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Thu Jan 19 2012, 18:29

Yet another new post! enjoy great
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Jan 19 2012, 19:34

Very good, enjoy the rant about the frogs!! Very Happy A Light hearted look at life
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Thu Jan 19 2012, 20:59

cheers dude great

will be a post soon about my first ever proper bike trip, will see if it turns out how I thought it might....
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next