Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout Recce - 6th Aug 2011

+2
0ldcat
greencat
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout Recce - 6th Aug 2011 Empty Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout Recce - 6th Aug 2011

Post  greencat Tue Jul 26 2011, 09:57

Thought I'd let you all know that a recce to determine the route for the ToL has been arranged for the 6th August.

I should have posted this up earlier, but didn't get around to it Crying or Very sad It looks like this might clash with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] run currently being proposed. My apologies for this. Embarassed The details, so far, for the recce are:

9:00am Sleaford A15/A17 Holdingham roundabout, Little Chef/filling station on the N exit (A15 Lincoln)

The route will then take us south and west with a stop at Foxton Lock nr Market Harborough Foxton Lock. How we get there and back is the reason for the day.

In addition MevsyD (Martin) is on a track day at Cadwell on the 6th so I will try and call in there before the end of the day.

BigNige will be joining me at Sleaford. Anyone else is welcome to tag along. If you want to join us later in the day please post up and we can try and fix some mutually acceptable times and locations. Fingers crossed for good weather. great

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout Recce - 6th Aug 2011 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout Recce - 6th Aug 2011

Post  0ldcat Tue Jul 26 2011, 11:45

greencat wrote:Thought I'd let you all know that a recce to determine the route for the ToL has been arranged for the 6th August.

I should have posted this up earlier, but didn't get around to it Crying or Very sad It looks like this might clash with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] run currently being proposed. My apologies for this. Embarassed The details, so far, for the recce are:

9:00am Sleaford A15/A17 Holdingham roundabout, Little Chef/filling station on the N exit (A15 Lincoln)

Cheers,
Chris
ponder Could possibly maybe combine the two events Chris ? Wink , . . . If thems coming up have no objections. Could see what all the kurfuffle is about on one '0'these 'ere 'somat fer 't' weekends' . . . and give us something constructive to do at the same time What a Face great

clink
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout Recce - 6th Aug 2011 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout Recce - 6th Aug 2011

Post  ellie Tue Jul 26 2011, 12:10

That's a heck of alot of mileage Tel.

Plus personally (IMHO) it will detract a bit from the enjoyment of TOL.

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Jul 26 2011, 12:44

Tel - I don't know what route you had planned for the South meets Northish run, but if folk want to combine these that's fine with me. However I must finalise the ToL route. If it's just a lunch meet that fine; if it can be more even better Very Happy Who should I contact to find out more about the SmN (that sound's dodgy!) route?

Ellie - ToL will stand or fall on it's own two wheels! No plans to combine it with another event. This is just the recce to sort out the route. If we have two groups out on the same day it would be a shame not to try and meet up?

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Jul 26 2011, 13:42

@ ellie ~ Thanks for the reply and input. I kinda had in mind using the ToL recce as a demi ride out just following Chris blindly around the proposed ToL roads, but without hindering the process of finalising the route.

Many of the visitors have already said they are unable to get W/E passes from SWMBO's or obtain visas at such short notice for ToL anyway, so it probably wouldn't detract anything for them. Rather give 'em an insight to what those of us lucky enough to get the weekend away for ToL will be doing.

The amount of miles our visitors will be covering whether on the recce or over our way on our own route (I have in mind) would be roughly comparable.
You didn't think I was gonna let 'em ride all the way up here just for a cuppa at Matlock Bath and call it a day did you ? huh , huh did you ? Shocked Laughing

@ Chris ~ As said above, don't wanna get in yer way, and having a group trapesing along behind you may slow things down.
I saw potential for a combination of interests and thought I'd put it out there for comments.

Generaly ~ I'm really easy (fnar - fnar naughty ) about the whole thing. It's our visitors day out ~ and it'll be a long 'un fellas ~ your talking 130 miles from London (Straight up the M1 - yawn) just to get to the start point here, plus whatever you have south of the smoke. So just getting here and back I guestimate is gonna be in the ball-park of 400 miles. All in all yer looking at a 500 mile plus possibly 12 hour day Shocked !
You're going to be testing yer Cats fuel range and touring comfort (well up to it) as well as your own endurance (are you ?) great

I value all your opinions and input ~ please keep it coming ~ I'm sure we'll sort something out to suit and please everyone.

clink
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Jul 26 2011, 14:12

I was just thinking of the 600+ miles the southeners would have to cover. What do i know lol!

I was thinking the mileage from Chezzy + TOL route was too far, I'm just too old & overweight lol
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26 2011, 15:50

I may pop along to little thief to say hello I'll see as at the moment I'm working but I'll only be in my little plod box at heckington on my lonesome. If I'm not working i'll ride down and say hello & goodbye anyway
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 22:15

I'm actually off that day so i'll most likely tag along with you for 10 miles or so unless its raining in which case i'll stay in bed! (Unless its just the 2 of you in which case i'll leave you to it but may pop down and say hello anyway)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 22:17

Shame , I can't make the 6th , will just have to wait for the real thing in September . great
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 22:27

espaceman3 wrote:Shame , I can't make the 6th , will just have to wait for the real thing in September . great

well drop me a text when you arrive on the friday and i'll pop down and say hello - i'm off that weekend
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 22:29

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:
espaceman3 wrote:Shame , I can't make the 6th , will just have to wait for the real thing in September . great

well drop me a text when you arrive on the friday and i'll pop down and say hello - i'm off that weekend

I sure will do , or we can pick you up enroute ??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 22:40

lol i'm nearer there than you will be until you get there but if you give me an idea of when you'll be p'boro/newark or holdingham i'll meet you and have a ride there with you and home again Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 23:09

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:lol i'm nearer there than you will be until you get there but if you give me an idea of when you'll be p'boro/newark or holdingham i'll meet you and have a ride there with you and home again Smile

lol , I was never any good at geography !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Jul 28 2011, 17:09

espaceman3 wrote:
Ezzy's Mum! wrote:lol i'm nearer there than you will be until you get there but if you give me an idea of when you'll be p'boro/newark or holdingham i'll meet you and have a ride there with you and home again Smile

If I can chip in as well, I am going on the Friday and being in Wittering you may well come by me.

John.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Jul 28 2011, 20:07

i,l see what my shirt rota is like let you know later
pet
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28 2011, 21:38

Manor69 wrote:
espaceman3 wrote:

If I can chip in as well, I am going on the Friday and being in Wittering you may well come by me.

John.

Ok , lets see nearer the time and hopefully we can hook up .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28 2011, 21:49

espaceman3 wrote:
Manor69 wrote:
espaceman3 wrote:

John.

Ok , lets see nearer the time and hopefully we can hook up .

Infact perhaps we should perhaps have this conversation on the TOL thred and see who else is going that might want to meet up on the way etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Heero Thu Jul 28 2011, 22:12

How long would it take to get fro
Peterborough to the meeting point ??? I'm up that way for the weekend visiting family so I might tag along of that's ok ??
Heero
Heero
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28 2011, 22:21

about 45mins if that
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28 2011, 22:28

[quote="Heero"]How long would it take to get fro
Peterborough to the meeting point ??? Hi , do you mean to the actual ride on saturday ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Thu Jul 28 2011, 23:14

Heero wrote:How long would it take to get from Peterborough to the meeting point ???
I'm up that way for the weekend visiting family so I might tag along of that's ok ??

Hi Heero,

If you want to join us for the start that's fine.
We're likely to be heading south from there so you can head back to Peterborough whenever you wish. Or, if you want to join us later in the day, let me know and we can give you a call to arrange to meet somewhere else.

Anyone else?

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Thu Aug 04 2011, 14:57

If you are going to join us on Saturday, at any point in the day, please post up.
I don't want to miss anyone.

Thanks,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Aug 05 2011, 19:28

shift rota as me working sorry chris college hols & all that
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri Aug 05 2011, 21:05

Sorry you can't make it Pete. Look forward to catching up at the ToL great

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 22:15

Prob won't bother now don't feel like doing much :(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next