Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off I go!

+10
0ldcat
Panzerbuilder
yamahamad
Rosco
Dirt Bike Dave
ellie
robertcains
littlecat
SteveCat
weasley
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Off I go! - Page 2 Empty Off I go!

Post  weasley Wed Jun 01 2011, 11:38

First topic message reminder :

And so, the time has come. I leave in an hour, just need to put the surprisingly small amount of luggage on the bike, test the new sat nav arrangement and hit the road (figuratively).

I'm doing England, France, Belgium and Netherlands today and Germany tomorrow. The weather looks perfect and the bike is running like a dream.

I'll try to fly the flag for us, would have been good to have more of us there but we'll do what we can between the 2 of us! No idea about wifi (vee-fee!) access so might be in touch or might not. There's no way I'll be up to Ross's photographic proliferance but I'll see what cap comms I can get!

Bis später!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Off I go! - Page 2 Empty Re: Off I go!

Post  kwakkat Sun Jun 05 2011, 09:20

bugger
our best wishers for his speedy recovery
& hope toni keeps us informed of his progress
pete

kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Jun 05 2011, 13:59

Sorry to hear yet more bad news!

I hope one of our German members can pass on our best wishes for a full recovery.

Hope you're home soon.

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Jun 05 2011, 14:07

Terrible news Paul. Have a safe journey home mate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  matzi Sun Jun 05 2011, 15:00

Hello,
most of the German cats are allready safe at home. The accident of Merican was quite hard for all of us, but the last news say, that he has best chances to recover complete!!!!
So we are quiet sad, that the visit of John and Paul had that bad end. But I think John enjoyed the last evening with us, because as the good news of Merican came in, we had a good time together. Hope John will arrive safe, was little bit late last night clink
If there are any news we´ll now you!

Matzi and Tom
P.S. @ John - I have your blue Brasil-Jacket with me. Try to bring it to the BigMäc, perhaps anybody from the south of England is also there?
matzi
matzi
2Bronze
2Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sun Jun 05 2011, 16:35

Made it home at 3 today. Enormous thanks to all the German members who were so welcoming and friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed the Friday ride and the Kyffhäuser (look it up on Youtube!). I heard that the outlook for Merican was improved and I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Enormous thanks to Matzi for looking after us - unofficial Anglo-Deutsch liaison. It was a difficult time after the accident but she took time to keep us informed as best she could. Many other members were also helpful, too many to mention (or too many names to remember!). Of course thanks to Uli (their Oldcat) for inviting us, to Bigfoot for collecting me from Duisberg, Willi for delivering us to McDonalds and Tom, Matzi and Dachsi for taking us the final way to Kelbra.

My return journey was very good, although the last 250 miles were a bit wet! From door-to-door I covered 1,465 miles and the Cat never missed a beat. Well, I did have to replace a headlight bulb on Friday but apart from that it was perfect.

Let's get a big group for next year! It's the same time of year so get negotiating!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: