Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front callipers....

2 posters

Go down

Front callipers.... Empty Front callipers....

Post  conyermud Mon May 30 2011, 20:42

Hi All,
Have stripped the pistons out of one of my 'cats front callipers and (surprise surprise) they are b***ered having been utterly butchered in a previous life. Before I go down the eBay route, does anyone have a decent pair of callipers for sale??. Please.......
conyermud
conyermud
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 33
Hobbies : anything fishing or boats. Or fishing from boats....
Humour : Bill Bailey/Dylan Moran/Father Ted/Inbetweeners
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Front callipers.... Empty Re: Front callipers....

Post  stretchie_ Tue May 31 2011, 10:38

Nope sorry, but while you are waiting, can you describe HOW they are buggered? Is it the calipers or the pistons?

Got any pics?

In all fairness I'm pretty sure I looked at new pistons and seals and they are expensive

stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Front callipers.... Empty Re: Front callipers....

Post  conyermud Tue May 31 2011, 13:07

Hi, should have described all when I wrote the post, the callipers are fine but some of the pistons are chewed to buggery. I think what has happened is that 2of the pistons of one caliper have been either blown or pumped out, the other pair pulled out with something like water pump pliers. There is no sign of any fluid leaks but the outer dust seal is being chewed to buggery and the pistons are reluctant to slide past the damage against the seal. In fact it was spotting the remains of the dust seals sticking out past the piston that made me have a gander. Given the cost of the pistons, a new pair of eBay callipers may be the better bet!!!!
conyermud
conyermud
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 33
Hobbies : anything fishing or boats. Or fishing from boats....
Humour : Bill Bailey/Dylan Moran/Father Ted/Inbetweeners
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down