Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac Video

+2
sir digby
SteveCat
6 posters

Go down

Wee Mac Video Empty Wee Mac Video

Post  SteveCat Wed May 04 2011, 15:56

I have uploaded the video of the morning ride from Longniddry where Mr & Mrs WkW and I joined the group till the lunch stop

These are unedited files, so a few hours viewing. If anyone is handy with a video editor and would like to create a more viewable video, please contact me and I can get the 16GB files to you. There is also the ride up from Richmond, a fair number were on that ride, so this may be of interest too.
I usually don't put this kind of material on YouTube and am still a bit uneasy about it. For now I have set the security to viewable via link, your views and advice would be welcome.

Naturally I am leaving myself wide open for commentary on my riding inability, it's OK bring it on, I know it was scrappy. For the ghoulish Rolling Eyes you may want to look at Part 4 where I demonstrate not once (0:20) but twice (6:20) on how not to attempt bends and a master class in how not to ride a motorcycle.

Last edited by SteveCat on Thu May 05 2011, 10:12; edited 2 times in total
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac Video Empty Re: Wee Mac Video

Post  sir digby Wed May 04 2011, 18:49

fantastic videos stevecat really enjoyed them cant wait to go on a ride with everyone ive just gotta get myself one of them camara thingys are they expensive and hard to do video quality was really good
ps hope you gave your self a courtesy wipe after part 4
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed May 04 2011, 19:44

Thanks Mark, very pleased that it has inspired you to join in and my antics haven't put you off. I'm embarrassed to say that wasn't all and when I do find the bit where I hit a bird, I'll probably mention that too.

sir digby wrote:ps hope you gave your self a courtesy wipe after part 4

Oops I did wonder why everyone kept their distance Very Happy (Only kidding, they're all great folk). If I had hoped for a short cut Weight Watchers (r) program it didn't work :(

I got the camera from here. The price has dropped since getting it a year ago. There is a 'later' version available from DogCam Sports; better colour, 13mb/s record rate and the ability to control the mic volume.
I thought the quality was a bit poor seeing it brags HD and have been on a crusade to get it better, but that's about as good as it gets- YouTube does down sample the avi file, so it is better straight from the unit.
Not to put you off, but mine has been back so many times I have lost count, think everything has been replaced and some items twice.

I guess for what it has to do its pretty amazing. Run it off the bike battery and it can record 8 hours or more on 1 microSD card

this is where the camera is located, the mic is in the fairing and the recorder unit under the seat (next to the ever leaking Scottoiler) - [If I'm not careful I'll be called Victor Meldrew soon]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
IMG_7434.JPG by stevephi, on Flickr
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed May 04 2011, 20:47

Steve, Great footage! Looks like you guys had a ball naughty

Part 4 (6.20) was that gravel in the road? Well held that man Suspect Clap
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frazmcfraggle Thu May 05 2011, 00:49

robertcains wrote:Steve, Great footage! Looks like you guys had a ball naughty

Part 4 (6.20) was that gravel in the road? Well held that man Suspect Clap

Ah so these were the lines I was following that when we got to Duns advised me not to follow your lines pmsl

Yeah there was a fair bit of gravel around this bit, I hit it too and back end went slidey slide. Think it was mevsyd behind me who had to avoid the gravel and the brown mark that followed it pretty quickly green smile

Vids look good and pretty good quality too, will spend a bit of time watching these, Cheers Steve
frazmcfraggle
frazmcfraggle
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 182
Hobbies : On The Buses
Humour : Sarcastic / Cheeky
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu May 05 2011, 10:36

Uploaded the last of the Videos. Unfortunately the last three segments are slightly obscured as a result of me hitting a bird (Part 9 from 4:00 to 4:03)

Thanks Nick, think it was gravel, I was too busy trying to find a soft tree and get the 'Andrex' out from under the seat to notice Laughing The vids seem to have been well received, maybe I ought to do the same with last years BC videos and hopefully encourage some more to join in the fun.

Fraz, I think you can see why I said don't follow me Shocked There's some there when you were in front of me, enjoy watching yourself Very Happy

Last edited by SteveCat on Thu May 05 2011, 13:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected the source of the object on the lens.)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu May 05 2011, 21:18

Top quality Steve, many thanks for posting those up! Have forwarded the link to Angela to watch too, she came back bouncing and is now looking for a bike!

Loved the back end slide in part 4, it was perfect deja vu as frazz says! I was right behind him when he did the very same thing at the verysame spot! Good skills to both of you for holding it together and making the corner! Grrrrrravel!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri May 06 2011, 14:15

Last bit of this project, the map with the 'track' of the route ridden. If anyone is interested in the link to the interactive version of this pic or would like the Google Earth kml file, please PM me with your email addy.

The route and the Videos both start from Longniddry although the ride started in Livingston. I took a different route via a bike mechanic shop and have left that part out. The afternoon ride recorded is also a different route to the one the majority rode so is also excluded. If anyone other than those on the AceCat PM ride would like to see the Vid's let me know and I'll pass on the link when I have uploaded them to YouTube.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WM2011-Route by stevephi, on Flickr
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri May 06 2011, 17:07

Not the greatest of corners in Part 4 - (2:04) the camera doesn't show what you are seeing / saying at the time unfortunately (or maybe fortunately)
Postman Pat did the right thing in Part 4 - (13:16)......You were ready though weren't you.

Nice to see some of the roads again Steve - Thanks

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down