Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
MevsyD
Panzerbuilder
Wowey
Dirt Bike Dave
greencat
SteveCat
yamahamad
0ldcat
sir digby
MrNutt
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newbie - Page 2 Empty Newbie

Post  MrNutt Tue May 03 2011, 17:04

First topic message reminder :

Hello one and all!

I am a newbie to biking, passed my full license just over a year ago (21st bday present), I currently ride a suzuki GS500 but am looking to upgrade asap to a bigger bike and I feel the Thundercat is likely to be that bike, so I am here to hopefully seek some advice on the mighty cat and possibley being able to buy one through the forum as they generaly seem to be better places to find good bikes from nice people!

Thanks
Mr Nutt
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie

Post  MrNutt Fri May 06 2011, 15:43

thats very impressive, I thought it would be less than that, this bike just gets better and better! just need to shift the GS500 now!
If anyone wants a good first bike or knows anyone who does let me know!

MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Fri May 06 2011, 16:18

yeah me again, any noteworthy after market exhausts for the cat? I am not a fan of anything that looks like it came off a 1.0 saxo, clean lines and meaty noise is what i am after
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri May 06 2011, 16:38

Depends on yer budget but the worlds yer oyster for slip on end cans for the cat.

I've always been a fan of the Blue Flame twin port evo can. You can take the baffles out (purely for track use you understand Rolling Eyes Cool ). But even with the road legal baffles in the cat gains a nice throaty panther type growl.

BlueFlame 2nd & 5th ones down . . . not the cheapes out there . . . but as I said . . . budget is all. You pays yer money, yer gets yer pick. Smile great
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Sun May 08 2011, 15:40

hi Im new here too , but welcome anyway.
have to say I'm nowhere near as sensible as you and have my 'cat coming home today, when my mod 1 isnt even till wednesday.. then again , ive always loved a challenge, and the big heavy thundercat will certainly provide me with that lol.cant wait, hope you find yours soon
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sun May 08 2011, 15:46

hi,

I wouldnt say your route isn't sensible, I was restrained with space and cash at the time (passed last year in my 2nd yr of uni) so cash was tight but now i am pretty much finished and with a job sorted, I can afford to get something bigger.
thing i learnt when learning to ride, is that once you are ,oving the weight of a bike generally dissappears and everything is easier, cat's sound smooth runnign so i dont think you' have any issues there!

just dont go to mad once you pass the mod 2, for the first 3 weeks i bombed round at 90mph everywhere because i could, nearly came off and realised it wasnt the thing to be doing, just be sensible and settle into things thats the best way I found for me.

Good luck with the mod1!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 09 2011, 14:02

MrNutt wrote:Whats the tank range like on the bike? as thats something I have only realy just thought about given i intend to do trips to scotland and the lake district and commuting in and out of london on it.
If you ride carefully - I commute to London and I get 65mpg , which equates to 220+miles . It's a really frugal bike.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2