Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

touring

3 posters

Go down

touring Empty touring

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29 2009, 22:19

hi every1, a newby ere

im lookin 2 do france and belgium in september , not got any particular route sorted yet, but wondered if ne1 has done these countries and might have ne suggestions ? places 2 visit , bike meets or CHEAP accommodation ! ;-)

cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

touring Empty Re: touring

Post  ellie Thu Jan 29 2009, 23:08

Howdy,
Welcome, have you seen the post about the trip to the Nurburgring?

Looks good....

Cheers
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Fri Jan 30 2009, 08:18

ally cat wrote:hi every1, a newby ere

im lookin 2 do france and belgium in september , not got any particular route sorted yet, but wondered if ne1 has done these countries and might have ne suggestions ? places 2 visit , bike meets or CHEAP accommodation ! ;-)

cheers

Camping is always the cheapest option and sites are plentiful. Almost every town in France has a municipal site, often for just a few euros per night and in tourist areas there are usually loads to choose from. Also you will be welcomed when you turn up by bike. Not like in some parts of this country angry

As for routes and places to go, that will depend on how much time you got
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Schnorbitz Fri Jan 30 2009, 19:47

If you're not much for camping (or can't fit a tent into your luggage) there are always hotels available wherever you go in France (never been to Belgium on the bike). I've found many a hotel owner who will actually give you his garage to store you bike. Very accommodating those Frenchies.

If you go via Dover I know a Guest House that will charge you a couple of extra squids to put your bike in a locked garage overnight.

As for a route, in years gone by most UK biking mags have produced Europe ride guides - I do recall one for Northern France which I may have somewhere. Keep your eyes peeled and they plot a route for you!
Schnorbitz
Schnorbitz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Job = LANDesk consultant. Hobbies = Bikes!
Humour : Bring on your sarcasm!
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

touring Empty touring

Post  Guest Fri Jan 30 2009, 21:32

Catapulted wrote:
ally cat wrote:hi every1, a newby ere

cheers

Camping is always the cheapest option and sites are plentiful. Almost every town in France has a municipal site, often for just a few euros per night and in tourist areas there are usually loads to choose from. Also you will be welcomed when you turn up by bike. Not like in some parts of this country angry
hi , thanks 4 ur reply ,think we might visit the war graves
As for routes and places to go, that will depend on how much time you got
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 30 2009, 21:37

Schnorbitz wrote:If you're not much for camping (or can't fit a tent into your luggage) there are always hotels available wherever you go in France (never been to Belgium on the bike). I've found many a hotel owner who will actually give you his garage to store you bike. Very accommodating those Frenchies.

If you go via Dover I know a Guest House that will charge you a couple of extra squids to put your bike in a locked garage overnight.

As for a route, in years gone by most UK biking mags have produced Europe ride guides - I do recall one for Northern France which I may have somewhere. Keep your eyes peeled and they plot a route for you!

hi, thanx 4 ur reply , gives me more confidence ! could you tell me the name of the dover guest house ?
cheers ,andy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 30 2009, 21:40

ellie wrote:Howdy,
Welcome, have you seen the post about the trip to the Nurburgring?

Looks good....

Cheers

hi, thanx 4 ur reply , will have a look
cheers , andy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Schnorbitz Fri Jan 30 2009, 21:57

ally cat wrote:hi, thanx 4 ur reply , gives me more confidence ! could you tell me the name of the dover guest house ?
cheers ,andy

Sure thing - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I warn you though, the rooms are somewhat....frilly! All nice and clean but not too, ahem, macho!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The aforementioned garages:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schnorbitz
Schnorbitz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Job = LANDesk consultant. Hobbies = Bikes!
Humour : Bring on your sarcasm!
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 30 2009, 22:03

i have to say, being a girly that's not given to frills, that those bedrooms look a little..... sinister in a frilly, stepford wives kind of a way lol. Garage looks ok tho.

Has anyone been to that place i think it's wales way on - specially for bikers? apparently it's all geared for bikers down to the thingys in the floor to lock your bike to. wish i could remember the darn name of the place!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down