Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike meanings #2 - Hayabusa

Go down

Bike meanings #2 - Hayabusa Empty Bike meanings #2 - Hayabusa

Post  Radar Fri Feb 04 2011, 20:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Suzuki GSXR1300 Hayabusa

I found myself pondering about bike names (as you do) and what other stuff had similar names or what does the name itself mean...so heres some gen on Suzukis 200 mph missile moniker....

Based on many sources I have ascertained the following historical information about the Hayabusa. The name as you may have not heard comes from the Japanese Peregrine falcon. It is one of the few animals which can travel at about 300km per hour (in a dive). The designer apparently came up with the name whilst walking along the beach and seeing this bird. The colour scheme of gold/bronze and silver are similar to those of the falcon its self. Believe of not -it is said that this falcon often hunts actual Blackbirds which some thought to be a PR stunt aimed at Honda's Blackbird, the fastest bike in straight line at the time of the Busa's birth in 1999! However its actually a fact that falcons do hunt black birds, amongst other birds.

More infor here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Nakajima Ki43 widely used by the Japanese Army Air Force in WWII was also named Hayabusa

The name has also being applied to a train in Japan

There was even a space probe:

Not exactly the starship Enterprise

But nothing touches the original...

So there you go!!
Radar
Radar
Admin2