Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vinyl Wrap FTW!!

4 posters

Go down

Vinyl Wrap FTW!! Empty Vinyl Wrap FTW!!

Post  JDM Sat Nov 06 2010, 19:51

Well today was the day - Vinyl wrap finally arrived - Black - Plain Matt Black (Yamahamad everyone is thinking) and yes very similiar!!!

So it was time to get it sorted, bit nervous to start with but got the tools out ready for strip down, all bolts out no worries, all panels and bits off no problems, all goin swimmingly!! great

Gave all the bits and pieces good old clean before starting, make sure no grease or muck would get in the way of the vinyl taking properly, dried them all off so away we go!! Shocked

Well started peeling the vinyl off overlap edges for trimming then stretching it to cover (making sure there was no bubbles) actually seemed a lot easier than i thought it would be, nice sharp blade for any trimming of edges, making sure to fold it in a way that wouldn't show and i was on a winner, piece after piece was done and put to one side, i was well impressed with myself then got all bit and pieces and re-assembled, stood back and looked at my handywork!!!!!!

TOP JOB!!! .....................

My kitchen looks brand new now and at a fraction of the cost of buying all new units and doors, good job fella!!!!

I did mention at the start it was the kitchen units i was doing didn't i????!!!!

Either way well pleased with transformation!! great great great

JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 386
Hobbies : Fast Bikes & Faster Women
Humour : If you fall over for any reason i'm laughing!
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Vinyl Wrap FTW!! Empty Re: Vinyl Wrap FTW!!

Post  Rosco Sat Nov 06 2010, 20:54

Had me going there.

Glad you're happy with it.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Sat Nov 06 2010, 21:46

Did you save a pieve so we could vinyl wrap you habds together so you can't get us going again? deal

Very nice. Mmmm matt black kitchen, spooky especially after halloween. I bet the blood washes off easy. Twisted Evil
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Sat Nov 06 2010, 22:06

Haha, i'll make it clearer next time, and sounds dodgy but rest of Kitchen has been painted white so still bugger cleaning the blood away.

And tip my hat to the pro's on this wrapping lark as was ok on straight flattish doors, wouldn't fancy cars and bikes!! Shocked
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 386
Hobbies : Fast Bikes & Faster Women
Humour : If you fall over for any reason i'm laughing!
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Nov 07 2010, 18:34

Nice one i was waiting to see a clone of my bike. I will have to come for a brew at yours & park the bike in the kitchen, it would fit in nicely lol.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down