Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help for heroe,s ride 2011

2 posters

Go down

help  for heroe,s ride  2011 Empty help for heroe,s ride 2011

Post  kwakkat Wed Oct 13 2010, 18:46

hi guys gals well Ive just heard that some time this month the registration for next years
ride out at wooten basset should start some time round the 25/10/10 i will be attending hopefully minus squatter.s lol oi you 2 get a room pmsl
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

help  for heroe,s ride  2011 Empty Re: help for heroe,s ride 2011

Post  SteveCat Wed Oct 13 2010, 19:57

Listen out on BikerFM Monday evenings 18:45-19:15, Julia Stevenson is live on-air giving up-to-date details about the event. Some big announcements to be made next week.

We had a room, I can't help it you blew up the boiler tongue
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Oct 15 2010, 19:17

oh thats right now your calling fred a old boiler now are we steve lol
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Oct 25 2010, 20:49

May not know, registration opens at 5pm this Wednesday. on the Afgan Heros website.

What hasn't been made public is the size of the ride out through WB. My insider info is the size will be 2K, so won't be long before it is full. There are regional rides, which personally feel should have been promoted first.
Some may know I am involved with the group that marshaled and whom did the required representation to the authorities for the last ride. We have been asked to do it again next year, had a meeting yesterday and the stark reality of a relatively small 'motley crew' couldn't handle WB and a planned 3 starting point ride in London Shocked so we have our work cut out for us!

I would recommend if any accommodation is booked take a change/cancel option. In spite of what is put on FB or BikerFM this is still not a done deal.

Cards, you're safe I'll be involved with the local ride, will avoid hotels next year grumpy
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Oct 28 2010, 09:37

OK guys & gals registration as been postponed because of a hold up
NOW this will be the LAST ride out though Wooten basset because RAF lymne is to close in nov next year due to goverment cut backs
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Feb 23 2011, 17:24

Who's going?

I was planning on staying well clear this year, but it looks like the regional rides have all but fallen in a heap - Scotland and, I believe, Norfolk have organised rides. So I feel obligated to go and help, Police numbers have been reduced (cut backs) and so far we (USR's) haven't mustered as many people as we had last year.
Had a Marshall's meeting last Sunday and we will really have our work cut out for us. Numbers are supposed to be capped at 10 000, gates open at 7am and first off is at 8am. Going to be another long day, but at least I get to do the route 3 or more times.

If a group of you want to ride together, I suggest you meet up before getting onto the base and if you're planning on riding home together arrange a meeting spot beyond the finish point (which is different this year). There could be congestion at the fuel stations, so suggest you're filled up before and will have enough to get you far enough away.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25 2011, 23:58

Might be up for this, as I'm quite so local - let me know if there's a group from here going, or I might not bother Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down