Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackpool...

3 posters

Go down

Blackpool... Empty Blackpool...

Post  MevsyD Sun Oct 03 2010, 17:20

So went to Blackpool for the weekend.. Got there on Saturday and checked into the hotel. A nice eastern European girl checked us in. A nice eastern European man took our bags up whilst we had a relaxing drink at the bar served by a nice eastern European girl. Got changed and went down the promenade where we got some chips served by an eastern European lad. Walked a bit further and got 5 fresh hot donuts served by a moody east European girl... Went down to the Pleasure Beach and got change at the kiosk from a guy I think was African. Had a bit of fun there and went for a meal where I asked the waitress where she was from and she was Latvian. Had a go on the big wheel where a big lad from England made sure the doors were locked and we wouldn't fall out before we headed back to the hotel to be served by the girls in the first part of this...

How come there are 2.5 million unemployed in this country? I don't bang the drum on immigration but there was a load of beggars on the promenade and not one of them had an accent.... Kind of shocked me really..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Blackpool... Empty Re: Blackpool...

Post  Radar Sun Oct 03 2010, 18:51

I used to work at a company that employed a high number of Poles....nearly 300. They didn't take anybodies job....Near the factory there was a large housing estate, occupied by mainly unemployed Brits. The few that applied for the work and got the jobs generally didn't stick it for more than a few days. Now it was repetative assembly work, but conditions were good and pay reasonable, with overtime and shift allowances etc bumping things up further. The Poles (and a variey of other nationalities) worked hard and accurately. They all paid their taxes and NI, so I don't really have a problem with them. It is a sad truth that the work ethic has been eroded over the last 3 or 4 decades in this country. Many of us do work hard, but there are many that don't and that gives the eastern europeans the opportunity, that they take. I dont' blame them.

Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 04:37

Well apparently , the eastern europeans will do most jobs because even the worst paid jobs are still well paid compared to how much they would earn back home .The Brits or others won't do the really crap jobs because it's not worth their while ,when they could be receiving slightly less from the dole for doing nothing.It's true so say the work ethic has changed on many levels in this country - no one really seems to know what they are doing any more (I'm talking about my own company) even when people have been there for years they still ask the same questions- make the same mistakes . It's like no one really cares anymore. It's very sad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 07:33

[quote="MevsyD"]So went to Blackpool for the weekend.. Got there on Saturday and checked into the hotel. A nice eastern European girl checked us in. A nice eastern European man took our bags up whilst we had a relaxing drink at the bar served by a nice eastern European girl. Got changed and went down the promenade where we got some chips served by an eastern European lad. Walked a bit further and got 5 fresh hot donuts served by a moody east European girl... Went down to the Pleasure Beach and got change at the kiosk from a guy I think was African. Had a bit of fun there and went for a meal where I asked the waitress where she was from and she was Latvian. Had a go on the big wheel where a big lad from England made sure the doors were locked and we wouldn't fall out before we headed back to the hotel to be served by the girls in the first part of this...

quote]

Sounds like a night out in Boston (minus the big wheel)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 08:48

At first I thought it was a joke , and I was expecting a punch line . Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Tue Oct 05 2010, 21:41

I wasn't having a go at the gents and ladies that come here to work Radar, neither at their work ethic that is clear from the service they give. As you notice if you re read it is all complimetary to them bar the moody donut girl! What is a shame is that all these positions must have been advertised to the masses and the qualities of the people from foreign lands either outweighed the brits or the brits can get the same money for doing nothing.. You're spot on, it is really sad..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  supernaut Fri Oct 15 2010, 09:53

we live in a multi cultural society martin, the uk is but a county of europe, lets have the euro and embrace it I say!
Steve................
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down