Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Back!! Yay

4 posters

Go down

Finally Back!! Yay Empty Finally Back!! Yay

Post  JDM Fri Jul 23 2010, 17:55

Evening all, been while since i've been on due to knackered laptop and off/on house move that ended up going tits up, but hey ho, looking forward to catchin up on all missed posts!

Anything fun happened i should know about or not??

Ps Start of month went out for week with pal, me on Yazmeen him on his CBR and on one day spent 8 hours touring - Coventry - South Wales - Coventry and when got back was in agony, is that normal for that kind of ride or should i be lookin for old mans bike???
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 386
Hobbies : Fast Bikes & Faster Women
Humour : If you fall over for any reason i'm laughing!
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Finally Back!! Yay Empty Re: Finally Back!! Yay

Post  SteveCat Fri Jul 23 2010, 18:17

JDM wrote:Ps Start of month went out for week with pal, me on Yazmeen him on his CBR and on one day spent 8 hours touring - Coventry - South Wales - Coventry and when got back was in agony, is that normal for that kind of ride or should i be lookin for old mans bike???

Depends on the where's the agony. I did the West Country last week also many hours a day, no problem for me. There have been trips though that after day 3 or 4 I am useless.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23 2010, 18:26

if it's in your wrists, it can often be sorted by something as simple as the tilt of your levers. ideally (for me at least) you want them tipped down from horizontal so they're in line with your forearms and wrists.

also, i find posture's important - hold your body up with your core muscles and gripping the tank lightly with thighs/knees can help take pressure off the arms and wrists.

C
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24 2010, 17:09

missed ya!

I suffer with my wrists and backs usually because i'm not seated correctly probably - the other day i had sharp pains in my right wrist - don't know if it was coindental i'd been out on the bike - as chris says using your core muscles and gripping with your knees (ooer missus) will help your back - i have back problems anyway and have a tendancy to lean to the left slightly on the bike without realising(but then i also do it in the car where its a bit harder to grip with my knees!) which makes its worse

anyway welcome home!

suzie

Oh and the only thing of note you missed was an idiot PCSO leaving the handbrake off in a police car and it barrelled backwards into Ezzy but don't get me started on that everyone is bored of it now except for me! shit happens
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sat Jul 24 2010, 18:09

Great to have you back, bummer about the house move slap'ed

Well I'd say if you're not regularly doing 8 hours rideouts then most people would probably be a tad creaky and sore afterwards.... I find that at the beginning of the Spring I get sore after long rideouts, but by the time summer is here and I've done a few more of that length then I don't get the same issues.... I suppose it's cos I don't ride so far in the winter?

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Sat Jul 24 2010, 20:33

Well i had feeling it was just as first proper long day in saddle but double checkin as back and knees were shot, but got easily remedied with 2 all dayers on the lash after!!! clink clink

Then opted for few smaller rides after that, but me pal was same and he's tiny, will persist tho as loving Yazmeen so much i was hoping wasn't her fault, thanks for welcomes back and bit of a shite about the PlasticConstableSodOff not knowing the rules of ravity, much damage done to her? hope not! And may i ask whether the Plastic was Male or Female or would that proceed towards un-necessary sexist arguments??!! Haha

And will keep lookin on the house, amazing how me and the ex are seperated but when we decide on whih secondary school we want her to go to i'm the one who has to move into the catchment area, bloody woman, but at least means she'll come live with me then, altho do i really need a girl living with me at that time in her life??? Should be an experience!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Jul 24 2010, 21:34

Welcome back JDM.

Hope you're settling back in. We've just been killing time till you got back.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Sat Jul 24 2010, 22:00

Cheers Rosco, glad to be up & running again,sorry to have kept ya waiting!! Very Happy Very Happy
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24 2010, 23:29

JDM wrote:And may i ask whether the Plastic was Male or Female or would that proceed towards un-necessary sexist arguments??!! Haha

And will keep lookin on the house, amazing how me and the ex are seperated but when we decide on whih secondary school we want her to go to i'm the one who has to move into the catchment area, bloody woman, but at least means she'll come live with me then, altho do i really need a girl living with me at that time in her life??? Should be an experience!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The PlasticConstableSodOff was woman - stupid bint. As for damage - can't really see it but i need all new plastics :( its cracked it - plus new luggage rack/brackets.

As for the ex situation - yep women can be bloody unreasonable as several of my divorced mates testify (mind you - so can bloody men)- one in particular tho has a lass similar age to yours and he loves having her over - he has her there lots and like you say sometimes its an experience - still - swap you for a 19yr old lad ..... yes?? please .... i'll pay you!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Sun Jul 25 2010, 13:43

Glad damage isn't as bad as could've been, but must admit give women uniform, little bit of power, pretending to be a police officer she was bound to forget something at some point, there brains don't cope like mens ya see, shame it was forgetting how to take care of her cage, and your bike it damaged!! wall

And in all fairness can't wait to have my little princess living with me, she's bloody brilliant and hilariously funny for a 9 year old!! And thanks for offer of payment but nah thanks, couldn't handle 19 year old lad, it would just have me pining for my youth and doing things that i can't do anymore without week to recover!!
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Jul 25 2010, 16:31

JDM wrote:..... it would just have me pining for my youth and doing things that i can't do anymore without week to recover!!

Then just plan a week in advance..... simplez naughty shit happens

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down