Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC clocking in to say hello

+6
Rosco
Wild-Kat-Wolf
tcat_unlucky_alf
SteveCat
0ldcat
robertcains
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RC clocking in to say hello Empty RC clocking in to say hello

Post  robertcains Sat Jan 10 2009, 21:37

Hi Guys & gals.
Username robertcains (after my favourite brewery) real name is Nick & I'm from Shropshire, I ride a 99 Thundercat which I have owned just over a year & a few peeps think I'm obsessed with the cleaning rag.
I just like to look after my baby thats all whistle
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

RC clocking in to say hello Empty Re: RC clocking in to say hello

Post  0ldcat Sat Jan 10 2009, 23:07

Welcome to the group Rob errrr Nick scratch Laughing

Hope you enjoy your time here on thundercats and get to join in on the topics and activities we do.

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 12 2009, 00:29

Hi Rob/Nick whatever you like to be known as - btw nice choice in colours!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jan 12 2009, 09:33

Welcome Nick, hopefully see you online and on the road.

If I park my thundercat close to yours, do you think the cleaning cloth might rub off :pirat:

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 12 2009, 13:32

Now if Johnnie comes along again and nick/rob wotsizname too that makes 3 in the bestest colours and one stuck on pig!! (And i'm sure someone else on here has got red/black/white too - we're taking over)

This is good - we'll soon have more thundercat s than other bikes on our rideouts :whoop: - long live the cat!! pinkelly well that's a pink elephant obviously but i couldn't see any dancing cats!

Sooze angel
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tcat_unlucky_alf Mon Jan 12 2009, 21:47

Alright Nick!

Muchos kudos on your choice of real ale Very Happy I was fortunate not only to be from Liverpool and drink copious amounts of the stuff, but then ran a pub for 3 years selling it as well! Sad to see it in the hands of the adminstrators, but fingers crossed it can be saved.

As for colour of bike, I had a sneaky feeling Suze might have liked it... Mine is the burgundy one and one of these days I will post a picture if I ever manage to clean through the grime to show her true colours!

Keep safe, and keep drinking the Cains!

Alf clink
tcat_unlucky_alf
tcat_unlucky_alf
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 128
Hobbies : Computer programmer SNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Humour : Like a coat hook... off the wall!
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Jan 12 2009, 22:27

Aye she certainly looks well in the Red/Black & white colour scheme & I also have a matching Bagster tank cover for her now along with a single seat pod.
Occasionally we both (me & the 'cat) get dressed up for a bike meet Wink
Pillion is my youngest of three lads who all enjoy biking & I always ensure they wear full PPE,
My eldest has just turned 18 & for his present he now boasts a YBR125 & a full A2 licence :whoop:Getting him to clean it though is a totally different matter & good old Dad ended up removing the road salt from it this weekend before it disintegrates before our very eyes.

RC clocking in to say hello Dscn3535iq3
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16 2009, 20:33

Right i'm now definately getting either the angel wings or the devils horns and tail for the next meet!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri Jan 16 2009, 21:32

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:Right i'm now definately getting either the angel wings or the devils horns and tail for the next meet!!!

OHHHHH promises promises :evil2:
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Jan 16 2009, 21:40

You have to go for the horns Suzie... the wings would melt!! Twisted Evil Laughing
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jan 16 2009, 22:11

Hi (RC) Nick and welcome.

As if was complicated enough to remember people's names and site names then you go throw a swerve-ball double buff at us!
Just like Greencat never had a Green Cat, AngryEddie isn't angry and is called Chris and don't even go there with Furballs.

Not sure whether to tell Suzie Evil or Very Mad or Twisted Evil but she ain't no angel .

Lovin the santa picture. I'm gonna dress up like that at my first meet of the year.....honest.

Cheers
Rosco clink
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Fri Jan 16 2009, 23:28

..........now this could get even more confusing.

Hi Nick - Which bit of Shropshire is yours? I was there this morning!! Only passing through BUT there look to be some nice rides, especially into Wales.

Regards
Nick (pure red for me, no strange black/white bit!!)

PS - Do the horns stay stuck on? I have some BUT never dare try them........
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sat Jan 17 2009, 07:55

Yorkshire_Thundercat wrote: Hi Nick - Which bit of Shropshire is yours? I was there this morning!! Only passing through BUT there look to be some nice rides, especially into Wales....

I'm in a village called Pontesbury which is just outside Shrewsbury so I'm extremely lucky that it makes those fabulous Welsh roads just 20 mins away Twisted Evil
Favourite routes from here are into Barmouth, Aberystwyth & the No1 biking twisties of Newtown to Crossgates ❤ I did them all in one day on a full loop last year when a forum buddy from Grimsby who was a Welsh virgin (sounds rude lol) came to visit for a weekend :whoop:

Mind you I'm also very fond of the Corris valley below too

RC clocking in to say hello Corris

Elan vally lakes are stunning too

RC clocking in to say hello Elanvalley

Good old Lake Vyrnwy is always a nice rideout

RC clocking in to say hello DSCN3213
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 17 2009, 12:36

Lovely scenery - maybe get down that way sometime.

I really don't know where WKW and Rosco are getting the idea that i'm not a little angel from - if i'm bad it's only because i'm easily misled by those more mature than me!!!!! ... And whilst we're on the subject of names - Alfie is a mite unlucky - Fi can be a bit wild ... Terry is - no lets not go there in case i get chucked off but i am Ezzy's Mum although i'm not sure she'd thank me for that still being stuck under her blanket in the garage. The weather is forecasting gales for tomorrow but maybe it'll sunny on monday so i can get her out - Sgt Swine has been pulled out of the washing machine and is waiting to be reattached - i've even found my little police crest tie pin to put on his hat - maybe that'd be pushing it tho Rolling Eyes

As for whether the horns stay on or not - i suppose it depends how sticky your spit is!!! ... and on that thought ..... i now have a bike show to go to!

Suze AKA The site's resident little haloangel lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluecatdaryl Sun Jan 18 2009, 04:36

Hi Nick, welcome to the site, you are not far from me, 3 miles to be exact (i think) ish, i'm in Longden. I missed the toy run this year, if you fancy a ride sometime let me know, but i must warn you i'm an observer for the IAM and have been known to pass comment on peoples riding, I also never break the speed limit. Wink

Daryl.
Bluecatdaryl
Bluecatdaryl
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun Jan 18 2009, 10:08

Hi Daryl,
We met on the Shrewsbury toy run 12 months ago if I remember correctly & we were the only 'cats out of 300 or so bikes Laughing

I've considered IAM myself on more than one occasion but have heard some horrendous stories of being pushed beyond ones limit & more than one or two have ended up shiny side down, Any truth in that m8?
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 18 2009, 10:37

I'm doing my IAM and i can only speak for myself but the guys in my lot are great (Nigel who came on the TOL being one of them). In fact apart from these guys they are the only time i actually enjoy group riding for precisely the reason that i can go at the speed i want and won't get hassled about it. When i turned up first time i said i was worried about being too slow and they told me not to worry and definately not to go faster than i wanted and over the time i've been doing it it's really improved my riding. I'm still slower i know but i always say to people not to worry about me just make sure i'm there at the end and a few people said to me on the TOL weekend that my riding had improved and that was my sole reason for doing it. I don't care if i pass it (although the only thing i need now before i take the test is to be able to do a u turn - well,,.... i think i may be at a standstill in that case Mad ) its achieved what i wanted it to. One of the blokes was having his senior observor reassessment that they have to do every so often and had to be observed observing someone he'd never met/observed before and i was the only one available - i got all pluses and apparently he and the tester told my observer they'd had a really good ride and were very impressed so i was quite pleased (lol he also said he couldn't see why i got my knickers in twist about u turns because i did about 2 miles slow riding inc a mini roundabout Very Happy ). ................ TAKE NOTE SMEGHEAD OF UNNAMED SLOW RIDING COURSE IN NORFOLK WHO TOLD ME TO GET AN ER5 BECAUSE HE STALLED MY BIKE 3 TIMES INC HALFWAY THROUGH A U TURN!!!!!!!

That was a long winded way of saying it's not for everyone and they'll all be a bit different but they're actually not all the old farts and stick in the muds that they have the reputation for being .... well some of them are alien
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluecatdaryl Sun Jan 18 2009, 22:13

No truth whatsoever that the IAM would ever encourage you to ride outside your limits, sounds like he has got a downer on the IAM. On training rides most people have to curb their enthusiasm for speed or else get their ears bent. having said that on a rideout (not training rides) we do not hang about. If you want i would take you out sometime andlet you know what it's all about, send me a pm if you are interested, you never know you may find it very helpful. As said we don't all wear slippers, smoke a pipe and ride pan europeans. Very Happy

Daryl.
Bluecatdaryl
Bluecatdaryl
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

RC clocking in to say hello Empty Newbie

Post  ellie Tue Jan 27 2009, 22:30

Just thought I'd say hello, I passed my test in '08(having never been on a bike before!), and own a '98 Thundercat, I love it.......My name is Ellie and I'm a nurse.....and I am really fed up with this garbage weather. ❤
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Tue Jan 27 2009, 22:33

Hellloooooo Ellie Smile and welcome

Don't worry - the weather has to get better soon......doesn't it? scratch slap'ed taz

Fi
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Jan 27 2009, 22:36

God I hope so... the only thing that keeps me going to work everyday is the thought of a nice summers eve.....
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Tue Jan 27 2009, 22:42

Hi Ellie!! - Don't we all just dream of riding without 6 layers of clothes and looking like the michelin man

Regards
Nick
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Jan 27 2009, 22:44

I've given in and got heated grips,well Santa bought them it'd be rude not to use them......
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jan 27 2009, 22:53

Oh crikey not a another crazy burd from Lincolnshire. This site's not big enough.

Only joking......welcome to the site Ellie. Suzie will no doubt introduce herself to you soon........she is crazy though! Laughing

Congrats on passing your test and great choice of bike....I've a 98 cat myself. What are your colours?

We are making Robertcains (that's not his actual name though) famous my posting all this on his thread.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down