Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone see the Policy now have hyabusa's

3 posters

Go down

Anyone see the Policy now have hyabusa's Empty Anyone see the Policy now have hyabusa's

Post  Guest Sat Jan 10 2009, 00:12

Just been watching a BBC vid clip, police now have hyabusa's equipt with recording equipment and cameras, watch out ....
Im good of course never break the speed limit :p
Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anyone see the Policy now have hyabusa's Empty Re: Anyone see the Policy now have hyabusa's

Post  Guest Tue Jan 13 2009, 09:47

As far as i know our lot don't have any of them yet - although obviously they have the recording equipment but i'm a good girl too Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anyone see the Policy now have hyabusa's Empty Re: Anyone see the Policy now have hyabusa's

Post  weasley Tue Jan 13 2009, 20:59

There was an episode of Traffic Cops on the BBC the other day, it was a repeat from a while ago, and it showed the Police with a Hyabusa and a VFR 800. And bye the way Suzie, it was right up your way they were filming (E Yorks/N Lincs)! They were showing riders on roads that looked suspiciously familiar, with names like Wetwang being used.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 13 2009, 22:16

i'll have to have a look on the 'net see if i can catch the repeat - wonder if trafman was on it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Tue Jan 13 2009, 22:44

They featured Seaways Cafe at Fridaythorpe (a bikers cafe with good grub and for me milky coffee)

If anybody is interested SEAWAYS CAFE, Fridaythorpe junction off A166/B1251 on the Yorkshire Wolds YO25 9RC

Is that over the bridge from you Suzzie?
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jan 13 2009, 22:47

Not a brilliant copy of it on YouTube .

The Sussex Police have got themselves some unmarked bikes, don't know what they are (not 'busas), but they are tricked out with the enforceable cameras. They posted a video of a chase they recorded last year of a biker riding home from Hastings along the A21. I do this route quite often and most times cars will pull over and let me pass, however this guy had ticked one too many people off and had been reported to the police. The Video is at the bottom of the page. I'd shudder to think what it would have been like if the copper was on a Hayabusa.
Incidentally, there is a little more to the story than is seen in the video, the biker needed to refuel, so while he was in the garage, the copper sat in a layby. Once on the road, 'follow the leader' continued.

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 14 2009, 21:20

Aah ... yes i did see it - some time ago now. and yes it is Nick .. nice cakes apparently
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Fri Jan 16 2009, 23:55

.......so who has been to Seaways?

I did meet another 'cat up there in the summer!!

Is there a section on here for Bike Cafes?

Suzie - The only place I've been down your way is a fisherman/bike cafe near Gainsborough and the Go-Cart Track at Newark. I get invited to join ride-outs from the Honda dealer in Chesterfield so often get down that way - I must do the "official" TOL this year...........!!
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum