Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride-0uts & Chicken Strips Discussion

+11
Radar
MagicJoey
SteveCat
greencat
bignige
howlingdog
JDM
Eddie990
robertcains
0ldcat
DaVy
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ride-0uts & Chicken Strips Discussion - Page 2 Empty Ride-0uts & Chicken Strips Discussion

Post  Guest Wed May 26 2010, 21:40

First topic message reminder :

Editors Note: This topic has been split away from the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about chicken strips, posted by DaVy. It has been done to prevent its' (the original threads') hijacking, and to allow this particular discussion to continue if required.
The original thread is titled . . . "Show us your chicken strips" . . . to which photo's and comments were posted to show exactly that (or the lack of them), which in turn prompted the author of this posts' comment bellow :

and then people wonder why other people are sometimes put off going on rideouts !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ride-0uts & Chicken Strips Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Ride-0uts & Chicken Strips Discussion

Post  foggy Sat May 29 2010, 17:26

andyb wrote:Well, I may well as well put my across Very Happy

I'm not afraid to admit this either, I actually had to google "chicken strips" coz I had no idea what in it meant ponder

Now to put it quite bluntly the thought of leaning my bike and using the whole tyre scares me a little, I've come of bikes and don't fancy doing it again in hurry wall

Considering I've jumped out of countless planes, been shot at more times than I can remember I still find it strange myself that putting so called chicken strips on my tyres scares me so much pmsl

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is basically I ride to my own standards as some of you will find out in September on the ToL, which I'm really looking forward! Very Happy

Im with you on that one, to be honest this thread seems to have been blown out of proportion ( lets all just get drunk clink )

foggy
1Bronze
1Bronze

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Ride-0uts & Chicken Strips Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Ride-0uts & Chicken Strips Discussion

Post  DaVy Sat May 29 2010, 18:41

agreed about the comments on how this thread has been blown out of proportion...

If you dont want to go fast on a ride out. Dont. You dont have to be a sheep and try and keep up. I ride my bike to my full potentail, and just happen to have (almost) no chiken strips, thats my choice. The original thread was for pics of your chicken strips, not a argument about group rides.
DaVy
DaVy
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 86
Hobbies : Graphic Designer & Race Marshal
Registration date : 2010-02-07

http://www.ancile.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun May 30 2010, 19:11

Magic Joey..... 'The Pace' was a great read.
You may care to post it again in a relevant section.
Might make it a sticky.....if you can't then one of the admins will.

Will do my best to put 'The Pace' into practice on Big Mac in August.
I think important parts of group riding have nothing to do with strips of chicken but rather.....

Good Observation (and taking appropriate action [speed / postition / etc]
It shows other road users what you have seen / adjusted for and gives them a 'heads up'.

Plenty of space in the corners....it is normally good to be able to see the back of the bike in front through corners (unless they normally take corners much faster than you do)
Seeing them pull away should tell you all is well. Seeing a foot go out might tell you of gravel on the road. Seeing the bikes brake light and getting closer means a hazard of some sort (which you'll have a bit more time to deal with)

But I feel the most important points for Group Riding is for people to enjoy themselves, be in control of themselves and their bike, not riding faster than they want to, meet other bikers, having respect for other bikers in the group, keeping youself and the group safe, and have a natter after it.

We are all learners......some have learnt more than others and some (like me) keep forgetting stuff or not putting it into practice.

Regarding my chicken strips......I've always had them.
But as was previously mentioned the way the dissappeared from my tyre was the mountain pass roads. The ones that are really quite tight and are covered in shell grip. Low speed and leant over. Much safer than trying to get them off at high speed and leant over I guess.

Feel free to come along to Big Mac in August if you fancy. To give your 'pace' advice and meet a few from on here.
Or you can have a chicken strip inspection. grumpy ...... Only joking.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2