Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rideouts

4 posters

Go down

Rideouts Empty Rideouts

Post  kess Sun Dec 21 2008, 11:49

Hi do any of you guys ride out anywhere near Washington or am I on my own up here.. Smile
kess

Female Status :

Number of posts : 2
Hobbies : Counsellor
Humour : Strange
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Rideouts Empty Re: Rideouts

Post  0ldcat Sun Dec 21 2008, 13:46

Hi there Kess,

Firstly welcome to the group, glad you've signed up.
Secondly, um .. er ... I'm a bit topographicly embarrassed here. Is Washington (and I assume you mean the one in England) in the Norfolk Lincolnshire direction ?
If so, then you're not alone. There is a smattering of thundercat owners or site members not too far, Greencat, Amos and Ezzy's mum are up that way.

But I'm sure you're not aversed to a bit of traveling to get to a ride out. Watch the Rides out & Meets section when the weather improves a bit next season and join in.

atb & cheers
Tel

Last edited by 0ldcat on Sun Dec 21 2008, 13:49; edited 1 time in total
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Rideouts Empty Washington

Post  kess Sun Dec 21 2008, 13:48

No Washington is just of the A1 before Newcastle....
kess

Female Status :

Number of posts : 2
Hobbies : Counsellor
Humour : Strange
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Dec 21 2008, 14:01

Ha Ha Embarassed I just looked on google earth, but then I did say I was a bit squiffy on the old map location.

Not seen anyone here from your imediate area, not sure if there was anyone on msn that way either. There is a site member that hails from near you but now lives in the cotswolds area. Catlass and a few others are in the Leeds - Barnsley area but thats still a ways to go. They do however do quite a few runs out into the yorkshire dales in the spring/summer months. They've even been known to go out in some really shitty weather too (heardy souls or fools you decide Smile ).

You could always set up a route and ride out and invite others here to join in, you'll find there a many that will travel quite some distance for a change of scenery.

clink
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Dec 21 2008, 14:39

Hi Kess. Down a bit from you in Harrogate but go up north quite a bit to Helmsley and Hawes quite a bit when the weather is good and do coast runs to Scarborough etc too. Never made it to the group rideouts here but reading the banter that this lot had I will be doing at least one of them. When the weather gets up a bit there will be many an impromtu trip up that way so will keep posted.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Dec 21 2008, 14:44

There you kess Very Happy as if by magic ...ha-ha Wink

Hi mevsyd, yeah m8 you just gotta make one of the rides, especially one of the weekenders if you can. Great rides, great people and what a scream.

cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Thecatlass Sun Dec 21 2008, 20:03

Hi Kess and welcome to the site

As Tel mentioned, i'm Yorkshire, Bradford to be precise but spend most of my biking time up in the dales and love a good run up to Alston so will be out and about your way a few times hopefully next season.
Yep, we ride in all weathers, although wouldn't get out atall if I ony rode on good days.
Thankfully my reign as rain queen seems to have come to an end and managed some really warm and dry days this year so here's hoping next year will be even better.

Tel talks sense about arranging a route. It's the best way to get something sorted. We were very active up in the North a few years ago and were out more or less every other weekend by posting up meeting times and dates. Gone by the wayside a bit but show the enthusiasm and you'll get a few takers, i'm sure.

In the mean time, enjoy the info and banter on the site and have a lovely xmas

Gail x
Thecatlass
Thecatlass
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Bikes of course! oh and training manager as a job
Humour : Wicked ;)
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down