Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOP CAT???

Go down

TOP CAT??? Empty TOP CAT???

Post  skiser Thu Jun 10 2021, 17:48

Have to create space in the garage after getting another bike(less sporty/better for licence and pillion) plus have other projects so after a brilliant 7 years it's time to part with my Thundercat.
1000 EXUP swingarm, wavy discs, FZ8 calipers, braided lines, full stainless system, FZR1000 alloy footrests/levers, cnc brake/clutch levers, better mirrors, Vario rear pillion footrests, lots of stainless bolts, crash bungs, MOT till 9/4/22, brand new Metzeler Sportec 01's (best I've had on it), oil/filters just done and carbs balanced. Sweet runner, starts every time, always garaged and hibernated through the salty winter. 41108 on the clock V reg 1999
It'll be on Gumtree(Aberdeen) as well soon so if you want it get in touch, looking for £1650
All receipts, documentation. Spares included, chain sprocket kit, flip up screen, standard discs front & rear
Loads of photos there on Gumtree

Last edited by skiser on Fri Jun 11 2021, 10:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including spares)
skiser
skiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 4
Hobbies : bikes, cycling, travel, sports
Humour : Team America meets Fast Show
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

TOP CAT??? Empty SOLD

Post  skiser Sat Jun 19 2021, 09:52

Thundercat sold last weekend after 3 days on Gumtree for £1500, sad to see it go, in some scenarios it felt like the best bike you could be on. Some epic rides though, Bettyhill in summer, Amsterdam to Zurich same day in scorching weather, recent blast over to Kishorn and then over the Bealach Na Ba to Applecross(in the company of an Africa Twin and V-strom but only for the first 1/2 mile!)
Tiger 800 is very very good though, can't load the front end in corners like the Cat, but it's not designed for that. Still got the MV F3 800 for solo rides plus another 3 bikes to keep me busy (and 9 points on my licence take into consideration).
Cheers all
skiser
skiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 4
Hobbies : bikes, cycling, travel, sports
Humour : Team America meets Fast Show
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum