Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirty Helmet

2 posters

Go down

shock Dirty Helmet

Post  SteveCat Wed Jan 15 2020, 18:08

I haven't accidentally posted this on the wrong site violet-lol

I feel a little foolish even admitting there's one part of my lid which has never been cleaned, indeed I didn't even know I could. I was becoming aware that if I didn't have the front vent open I wasn't getting much air and it was starting to smell like my vacuum cleaner when it needs the bag changing.
Igor

Check the top vent, um its shut - very odd it's always open - and it was hard to open. Ah well that's an easy fix nonofinger Best check on the winter ventilation flaps, two flaps of black fabric which were brown. Looks like I brought back an unwanted souvenir from South Africa, some of their dirt roads. For those who don't know, 5 of us from here hired some Bavarian 1200's for 10 days during which time we managed a ton-up on dirt roads, you can imagine the dust storm we created.

Ah well the lining needs cleaning then, but before I take everything out I want to make sure I'll be able to thread back the Anti Roll Off System which Schuberth have in their lids, so eat humble pie and consult the manual. Two things hit me when I'm reading the instructions, firstly the system is different in my head size to all the other sizes.

The other is I can take off the top vent assembly, even with the instructions it's not easy but soon found out why. The inside was absolutely caked in muck, whilst some of South Africa was in there it wasn't the only culprit. Looks like I haven't only been riding around cleaning the roads by picking up screws, nails and flints but also the air!

I don't think I'll need to clean it again, there's about 6 months left on the 5 year warranty but more worrying is a little bit of paint has chipped off the rear so it probably needs retiring.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

shock Re: Dirty Helmet

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Jan 15 2020, 18:15

Oh dear steve, i think ill be taking a wire brush and dettol to my helmet when i get home.....SA got really dirty Laughing
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down