Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBT theory tests?

4 posters

Go down

CBT theory tests?  Empty CBT theory tests?

Post  dudeofrude Fri Dec 30 2016, 10:35

So just reading the news and it seems they are introducing theory tests as part of the CBT from 2018?
What do we think of this?
I personally think it's just another money making scam. I dont think The theory test adds anything to driving other than expense, proven by the fact that most seasoned drivers/riders couldn't pass it these days.
I also think this will dramatically reduce the amount of legal youths on mopeds/125s as if they fail it and get told No then theyll just think they may aswell risk riding without it? After all its not as is they have a license to lose?
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down

CBT theory tests?  Empty Re: CBT theory tests?

Post  The White One Fri Dec 30 2016, 12:24

I think they should do the same with car learner drivers. How many parents are now teaching their kids to drive as lessons are too expensive. Even the instructors don't give a test before letting their students take the wheel.

Just as a point, even if you don't have a licence but a provisional you can still get points on it but only 6 before you get it revoked and if you don't have a provisional then its court in which case youll probably be banned for a year anyway and 3 strike rule is young offenders or prison.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 467
Hobbies : Riding, Fixing, Riding Fixing
Humour : Dry, witty, Known as the child.
Registration date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Fri Dec 30 2016, 19:32

It's just one of a few ideas they are consulting on, starting today.  If you don't like it, you can fill in the consultation feedback survey, which has been set up by DVSA.

Other things include the possibility of a progressive training upgrade programme for licences (rather than having to resit the Mod1/2 tests for each one), restricting CBTs gained in an automatic scooter to riding only automatics and a raft of CBT and DAS instructor/training updates.

Have a read and give your feedback.  I have.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  dudeofrude Fri Dec 30 2016, 20:13

Thanks weasley, always better to have the full story.

I'm all for more training, that can only be a good thing just not at an extortionate cost to the little man. It's already £100 every 2 years for a CBT. The least they could do is include the theory in with that price.
Or scrap it completely and just start with the a2 license, that's what's gonna happen sooner or later anyway.
At least that way everybody would be on a level playing field from the off. Then instead of a staged system based on age it should be based on experience. Restricted everyone for the first 2 years of riding whether your 17 or 57, 2 years up to 47bhp then if you still have a clean license you get automatically upgraded to a full one. If you gain points during the 2 years then you have to wait another 2 years from the date they are issued before you can upgrade your license.
Sounds fair to me?
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WGL2013 Mon Jan 02 2017, 12:07

Personally I hate the concept of a 16 year old kid being able to do half a day CBT and then be let loose on the roads with no other training. On the other hand I appreciate that the costs involved could preclude anyone from ever getting independently mobile! On the third hand a hell of a lot of drivers who have been trained, tested and racked up years and thousands of miles experience still cannot ride/ drive to any degree of competence.

Im off to argue with myself now Steam Ears
WGL2013
WGL2013
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down