Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

man prosecuted using his own video evidence!!

+5
Dirt Bike Dave
terry lees
dudeofrude
Wooster
Snowcat
9 posters

Go down

man prosecuted using his own video evidence!! Empty man prosecuted using his own video evidence!!

Post  Snowcat Sun Jan 24 2016, 15:16

Just read this and it basically backed up an argument I've been having with various people for years. I've seen many people over the years, some friends and acquaintances who have these cameras, ride like a dick & film it, saying the police can't sieze your footage well guess what they can. In this instance I think the guy deserves everything he gets, probably more and at 60 he should know better!!

Just a little reminder for our own blue rinse brigade as well, there's a time and a place and for gods sake don't film it!!

Biker Jailed After Doing 110mph In 30mph Zone
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

man prosecuted using his own video evidence!! Empty Re: man prosecuted using his own video evidence!!

Post  Wooster Sun Jan 24 2016, 19:00

Bit of a bell end tbh, he's constantly crossing solid centre lines on his side (mainly for both) as well.

Re: seizing the recordings.
A mate of mine made the mistake of saying he'd recorded an incident across the road on his new iPhone.
He's not seen his phone since, as they took it off him for evidence. green smile

Moral of the story is, say nothing at the time and then send them a copy. Very Happy
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

man prosecuted using his own video evidence!! Empty Re: man prosecuted using his own video evidence!!

Post  dudeofrude Sun Jan 24 2016, 19:35

Yeah I saw this earlier and yeah he's being a knob but still think it's wrong to prosecute over old video evidence. That's the main reason I'll never have a camera fitted to any vehicle I drive
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Mon Jan 25 2016, 20:33

Hi Steve, not really sure how to respond to this, if indeed a response is necessary but the way you have worded your post seems to imply that our own blue rinse brigade, of which I am I suppose a member of, along with the rest of the gang I ride with are of similar ilk. Personally I have never pulled a wheelie and conform quite strictly to 30 and 40 speed limits, quite a different matter, along with most forum members outside these limits though. I along with nearly all my "blue rinse brigade" mates are very experienced riders, and although we might do a little traffic "manoeuvring" would never stoop to the antics portrayed in your video.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Jan 26 2016, 00:43

terry lees wrote:Hi Steve, not really sure how to respond to this, if indeed a response is necessary but the way you have worded your post seems to imply that our own blue rinse brigade, of which I am I suppose a member of, along with the rest of the gang I ride with are of similar ilk. Personally I have never pulled a wheelie and conform quite strictly to 30 and 40 speed limits, quite a different matter, along with most forum members outside these limits though. I along with nearly all my "blue rinse brigade" mates are very experienced riders, and although we might do a little traffic "manoeuvring" would never stoop to the antics portrayed in your video.
Hi Terry, I apologise if this has caused any offence as it wasn't meant to and having re-read what I've written I realise that I have not worded the post to convey what I was actually trying to say. I have the greatest respect for you as a rider and a person and furthermore I don't really know you well enough assume I have a right to refer to our blue rinse brigade even if it was tongue in cheek and meant as a bit of a joke so I do apologise.

My reference though wasn't to infer anything derogatory about any member of this forums riding ability, Indeed I have ridden with you a couple of times and your experience and ability are without question. I was just trying to convey the fact that age isn't a barrier for making mistakes and that whilst most incidents of this nature are down to younger "show boating" riders who give the community a bad name, but also that so called mature riders can ride in this dangerous manner and felt the danger is there for all, once again I apologise if you felt it was a dig at any of the mature riders as i can assure you it wasn't, it was just a point put across badly.

Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Jan 26 2016, 13:23

Thanks for that, apology graciously accepted. Case closed.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Jan 27 2016, 20:45

Emmmm ok I won't mention "making a chicane" then. LMAO
Sorry Tes. It was up there to be hit. rofl
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jan 27 2016, 21:02

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Emmmm ok I won't mention "making a chicane" then. LMAO
Sorry Tes.  It was up there to be hit. rofl

Or the time I followed your overtakes perfectly into the waiting arms of two young lovelies in uniform (with big guns), wry smiles and and medium sized tickets.

And I dont even have any hair to rinse - ya hooligan Wink

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Wed Jan 27 2016, 22:37

And don't forget that if you have certain apps on your phone they can record damning evidence too.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Fri Feb 12 2016, 13:44

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Emmmm ok I won't mention "making a chicane" then. LMAO
Sorry Tes.  It was up there to be hit. rofl

Rosco wrote:

Or the time I followed your overtakes perfectly into the waiting arms of two young lovelies in uniform (with big guns), wry smiles and and medium sized tickets.

And I dont even have any hair to rinse - ya hooligan Wink

Haha, forgot all about 'Terry Two-Fines' Laughing
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Fri Feb 12 2016, 21:31

Still makes me giggle with Terry on the Alps trip. 

Not seen him since trying to warm his hoops up to be honest.

But on a more serious note, have you ever yourself crossed over a solid white line to overtake, whether it is the 1st or last 2 yards of the line that had been crossed. Done 35 coming into a 30 zone, accelerated to quickly but not broke the speed limit or slightly crossed the white line at a set of traffic lights as you've stopped?

If you look at that, well in the eyes of the law, that's 12 points and a ban.

But the headline is " speeding, crossing solid white lines, show boating and not having full control of your vehicle and not stopping for traffic lights".

Most of the best rider's on this forum must be bad people, me included, just because what we've done and seen each other do in the past. To me, only pheasant's and a near miss with a bunny have been hurt, sorta.

But the best rider's tend to be the safest and have the best judgement in situations if they arrise, that's why I like riding with them because I trust them.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Feb 12 2016, 23:14

Robcat wrote:Still makes me giggle with Terry on the Alps trip. 

Not seen him since trying to warm his hoops up to be honest.

But on a more serious note, have you ever yourself crossed over a solid white line to overtake, whether it is the 1st or last 2 yards of the line that had been crossed. Done 35 coming into a 30 zone, accelerated to quickly but not broke the speed limit or slightly crossed the white line at a set of traffic lights as you've stopped?

If you look at that, well in the eyes of the law, that's 12 points and a ban.

But the headline is " speeding, crossing solid white lines, show boating and not having full control of your vehicle and not stopping for traffic lights".

Most of the best rider's on this forum must be bad people, me included, just because what we've done and seen each other do in the past. To me, only pheasant's and a near miss with a bunny have been hurt, sorta.

But the best rider's tend to be the safest and have the best judgement in situations if they arrise, that's why I like riding with them because I trust them.

Well said Rob
We all have our "moments" and maybe lack of concentration gets the better of us now and again.
There's a lot to be said for riding with the same ppl as you get to know how they ride and definitely there a level of trust built up there. That's the best way to learn as well. I stuck with our group for one reason only. No idiots and no heros. We just do our thing and enjoy it and obviously take the piss big style when one of us messes up. Very few incidents on our ride outs over the years which speaks volumes to me.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Feb 13 2016, 00:03

I've only crossed double solids once, by accident (I wasn't paying full attention to what the road was telling me) and almost killed myself in a head on collision with a truck.

I thought the tractor in front was indicating to say I was clear to pass.....not turning into a farm...on an almost blind summit (hence the solid lines).
It's fair to say I shat myself. left thumb up

This is it (facing the way I was going), looks pretty innocuous, doesn't it?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Feb 13 2016, 00:09

I meant to add the fact that some of us have bike to bike communication which helps.
1 tip I will give is if Rosco pulls for an overtake out then says "oops " don't follow him. Shocked
Unless your on a Panigale rofl2
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sat Feb 13 2016, 05:51

Always keep our wits about yourselves when tractors come into play. You have to look for all there possible turnings up ahead and there brake and indicator lights are not guaranteed to work. Especially on there trailers. I've had it in the past where it looked like they was waving me past but 2 seconds later, turn across the road.

AS a few of us know what happened to Catless (Gail).

But there is also a point that I agree with Dave with, that I've learnt is that the more power the bike has can also mean a safer bike as your in the danger zone the least if something is to arise.

Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Feb 13 2016, 10:28

Relatively speaking, you can also get into the danger zone a lot faster. green smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down