Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's 4 Sunday Lunch ?

4 posters

Go down

What's 4 Sunday Lunch ? Empty What's 4 Sunday Lunch ?

Post  0ldcat Sat Nov 29 2008, 23:39

So,

What's for lunch your way then ?

We're going to have :-

Rosemary & Garlic Roast leg of Lamb
Roast potatoes
Glazed Carrots
Sprouts

Iced Cream for pudding
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

What's 4 Sunday Lunch ? Empty Re: What's 4 Sunday Lunch ?

Post  Wiz Sun Nov 30 2008, 01:52

0ldcat wrote:So,

What's for lunch your way then ?

We're going to have :-

Rosemary & Garlic Roast leg of Lamb
Roast potatoes
Glazed Carrots
Sprouts

Iced Cream for pudding

For me its tank off, times 2 ram air pipes removed, there HAS to be a cure for carb iceing somewhere!!!!, or maybe pop down to local bike shop to grab some pro fst to try that first and then to asda's for roast beef, decisions decisions.
Wiz
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 30 2008, 07:58

Wiz wrote:
For me its tank off, times 2 ram air pipes removed, there HAS to be a cure for carb iceing somewhere!!!!

FAQ's pdf page 18 Ch 5.1, hope the link works (if not you can put it up yourself).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 60
Humour : Be Mad - It Helps
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tcat_unlucky_alf Sun Nov 30 2008, 14:36

8 cans of Bass, some oven chips whilst filling in one huge form I have to have done before Wednesday.

Tell you what, my life is just one huge party!!

clink
tcat_unlucky_alf
tcat_unlucky_alf
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 128
Hobbies : Computer programmer SNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Humour : Like a coat hook... off the wall!
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiz Sun Nov 30 2008, 16:37

Admin wrote:
Wiz wrote:
For me its tank off, times 2 ram air pipes removed, there HAS to be a cure for carb iceing somewhere!!!!

FAQ's pdf page 18 Ch 5.1, hope the link works (if not you can put it up yourself).

Cheers link works, gone down the pro fst and roast beef route, but at £12 a bottle and ( if you use it like the instructions say) thats only 3 tankfuls or so, could work out expensive over the winter. I did try a 'little' last year but didnt seem to have too much effect, but will try a proper dose this time. Tried taping the rad up, managed to get it up to 70 degrees or so, but still didnt stop the carb iceing. SO i was thinking about removing those two ram air pipes to force slightly warmer air in for the winter, or maybe some more radical changing of airflow, but i'll see if a couple of tankfuls of pro fst helps first.

The dry fuel that others were on about in the faq's, is that wymms dry fuel do you know?
Wiz
3Bronze
3Bronze

Back to top Go down

What's 4 Sunday Lunch ? Empty Carb Icing

Post  0ldcat Sun Nov 30 2008, 17:17

Hi Wiz,

Yes i believe it was wymms. There were several different addatives people were using at one time and if memory serves the best one was bought from a chemists and you only needed a cap full at each filling.
Had some kind of a strange alcohol or ethanol name. Perhaps someone else out there will remember it's name confused

atb
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 01 2008, 00:41

I had scrambled eggs on 2 slices of toast at 1140 when i finally hauled my lazy ass out of bed - in my defence i had spent the morning setting up my new laptop - yes i'm back up and running, the Spawn has not seen it yet and it's set to self destruct if anyone other than me opens it - anyway he'll never guess the password because my hint is Fifi, Amos & Sootys bikes so he'll be flummoxed ....
anyway, i followed the scrambed eggs with 1 strip of garibaldi and a bag of marzipan Kartoffeln sent from germany then for my tea i had a mini pork pie, a mince pie 3 more mugs of coffee then a brandy and lovage .... feel a bit sick now :silent:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiz Tue Dec 09 2008, 19:33

0ldcat wrote:Hi Wiz,

Yes i believe it was wymms. There were several different addatives people were using at one time and if memory serves the best one was bought from a chemists and you only needed a cap full at each filling.
Had some kind of a strange alcohol or ethanol name. Perhaps someone else out there will remember it's name confused

atb
Tel

Well Pro FST on full dose this week and not a cough, so result apart from the cost £4/tank. It wasnt Isopropyl alcohol was it?, if it is then result, thats free from work!!!!
Wiz
3Bronze
3Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 10 2008, 19:05

Wiz wrote: It wasnt Isopropyl alcohol was it?, if it is then result, thats free from work!!!!

Above link may be of some assistance. Interesting reading from 2002.
thundercat
admin

Last edited by Admin on Wed Dec 10 2008, 19:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add workable link)
Admin
Admin
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 60
Humour : Be Mad - It Helps
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiz Wed Dec 10 2008, 23:18

Thanks for the link, looks like it is Isopropyl, the pro fst bottle does say, 'contains Isopropyl', so i'll definitly be giving that a go, did get a google link to a harley forums where they were on about using it for carb iceing as well. Very interesting that yam did/do a kit to fix it, i'll be popping to my local yam dealer to have a word, but i'm guessing its so far down the line now that they'll have either forgotten it or its too late to get a free kit.
Wiz
3Bronze
3Bronze

Back to top Go down