Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP - I APPEAR TO BE SPAMMING PEOPLE

Go down

HELP - I APPEAR TO BE SPAMMING PEOPLE Empty HELP - I APPEAR TO BE SPAMMING PEOPLE

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10 2009, 23:04

Hoping someone on here will be able to help me with this.

Suddenly my 'inbox' on Microsoft Outlook is full of undeliverable messages that have been sent by me (without my knowing anything about it) to tens of people/companies that i don't even know. Today's were 'Do you have the experience but not the degree'???????
I've done a virus/computer scan and it shows up everything working correctly and no viruses. Any ideas anyone? I've deleted all my cookies and temp folders etc
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

HELP - I APPEAR TO BE SPAMMING PEOPLE Empty Re: HELP - I APPEAR TO BE SPAMMING PEOPLE

Post  Rosco Fri Jul 10 2009, 23:57

Hi Suz

I've had undeliverable messages at both work and home emails.
Most of the time they are spam messages themselves and not an 'undeliverable' reply to messages I've sent.
They are just trying to hide themselves in the guise of a useful message.

They might contain a link in the email that the spammers want you to click on.............don't for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps.

Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

HELP - I APPEAR TO BE SPAMMING PEOPLE Empty Re: HELP - I APPEAR TO BE SPAMMING PEOPLE

Post  Guest Fri Jul 17 2009, 01:00

It'll likely either be backscatter spam or, as you're using Lookout, it could be a virus on your machine.

Check this link to see if it fits your problem, then give your PC a scan with an independent online virus scanner like Trend HouseCall for good measure (regardless of whether you have AV software installed).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 17 2009, 22:29

Thanks for that i'll do that - it now seems to be putting everything in junk email despite my continually 'unjunking' stuff angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down