Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Moore (Yorkshire_Thundercat) Funeral Details

5 posters

Go down

Nick Moore (Yorkshire_Thundercat)  Funeral Details Empty Nick Moore (Yorkshire_Thundercat) Funeral Details

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05 2009, 22:10

Nick's wife Sarah has said that if anyone wishes to attend the funeral they are welcome - details as follows:

Wednesday 10th June at St Peters Church, Felkirk (apparently its South Hiendly, Barnsley S72 9DH) to be at the church just after 1100 (funeral cortege will be there for 1115) - burial afterwards in the church yard.

Family flowers only. Donations given will be going towards building new Scout and Guide HQ or donations given in the church will go to the church. She didn't know whether there was any online way of donating but if anyone does wish to give anything and aren't going to the funeral i don't mind passing it on - would just need to work out easiest way of doing that that's all.

I did ask about bikes - the reply was 'I suppose its inevitable that some will come on bikes and that's part of what nick had become' so i will leave that to the personal choice of anyone thinking of going.

Think i've covered just about everything but if not let me or Fi know! Fi and I are going so in any event we'll pass on our condolences on behalf of everyone on here. :down:

Suzie haloangel x

Forgot to put - afterwards they're going next door to the school room for cup of tea
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nick Moore (Yorkshire_Thundercat)  Funeral Details Empty Re: Nick Moore (Yorkshire_Thundercat) Funeral Details

Post  greencat Mon Jun 08 2009, 09:41

Hi All,

Suzie has very bravely posted up this thread to advise us all of the arrangements surrounding the funeral of
Yorkshire_Thundercat AKA Nick. It was a big shock to all I'm sure to hear this news and like many I've been unsure how to respond to this.

Although few, if any, from the site actually met Nick he was an early member of the new site and a prolific
contributor playing a more active part than I have done to date. I know he regularly had contact with Suzie and Fi and they have been greatly affected by his loss.

It seems to me Nick would have been a valued and entertaining member of the site. You can review all his posts to the site if you wish. I think he would have fitted in perfectly with a wide cross section of members I've had the
pleasure and priviledge of riding with in the past.

This group is, despite all our other commitments, pretty close knit and certainly supportive of one another. I'm sure, from some of the incidents that have occurred on past ride-outs, you will be able to recall times when folks
have helped you out or stuck by you. My personal view is that this is also one of these times.

Suzie and Fi will be attending the funeral. I think as a group we can do more.

We could just have a collection and make a contribution to a charity and move on, but I think that's too easy.

I know a lot of members already take part in charitable events, but is this an opportunity to start doing something as a group? It could be in memory of past members and be something that keeps you in touch with the group when/if you eventually hang up your leathers. But what could we do? Should we do this?

I'd appreciate some comment. A simple 'Yes I'll be part of that' will do at the moment.
I've created a new thread with this same post. Please start the debate [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regards,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Nick Moore (Yorkshire_Thundercat)  Funeral Details Empty Re: Nick Moore (Yorkshire_Thundercat) Funeral Details

Post  bignige Mon Jun 08 2009, 12:57

Truly terrible news epecialy leaving a family.
I only met Nick the once at the Fridaythorpe meet but he was good company & a nice Guy.
I would like to give something to the collection of his wife's choice - if you will take it to the funeral please Suzie - I could drop it round Tue's evening.
As for the ongoing charity, I think it is good that it's been thought about & hopefuly some good will come from this awful event, I would be pleased to support whatever is decided in whatever way possible.
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08 2009, 15:44

I'm leaving 6pm latest tomorrow night nige as we're staying over up there tomorrow night - if that's going to be too much of a rush for you if you want to text me how much you wanted to give i can stick it in an envelope on your behalf in the meantime - i'll probably text you this anyway!

Chris - great idea - i've posted on the other thread
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jun 08 2009, 16:51

Me to,

I'll support anything you wish to do.Good Idea.

Count me in

Ellie xxx
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Jun 08 2009, 20:51

I would like to support an ongoing charity effort also.
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Jun 09 2009, 00:22

Radar wrote:I would like to support an ongoing charity effort also.

+1
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down