Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shock, horror, scandal...Radar buys a Suzuki!

2 posters

Go down

Shock, horror, scandal...Radar buys a Suzuki! Empty Shock, horror, scandal...Radar buys a Suzuki!

Post  Radar Fri Mar 08 2013, 20:15

Well my daughter has been riding around on her little moped for a few months now and has been thoroughly enjoying herself, especially since it was de-restricted recently.

I have joined her on her little trips out as the only mate she had with a moped has packed in riding. My bikes have been a bit of a struggle to ride with her to be honest, the speed differential is just too large...it is hard to ride a big bike at 28 mph on the level, even harder at sometimes as little as 15-20mph on the uphill sections. This was all her moped could manage before derestriction. Now things are better, over 40mph on the flat, 30 mph up hills, but it was still difficult to ride about with her. So, as she has expressed an interest in having a larger bike , I hatched a plan...I bought a 125 to ride and to join her on the 50. The plan is for her to take it over when she is ready.

So after bit of searching on ebay and a little trip over to Brum to and I was collecting my first Suzuki since 1988...a EN125. Basically a GS 125.

2005 model, with 8k miles on the clock it is a tidy little beast...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I headed to a local health food centre to enjoy a celebratory 'light salad'

Not wishing to miss out on a salad my mate Andy rocked up on his impressively renovated Pulse 125...looking good

After enjoying some of the finest salad South Yardley could offer, we for Radar Towers in Kidderminster on the two 125s.

The sun was shining and despite the cold the next 25 miles miles was an absolute hoot as Andy and I battled it out on the 125's. Weaving through traffic, thrashing away from the lights, trying to squeeze the last few mph out of these two charming little bikes. I have to say for what it is the EN is a comfy, easy to ride bike. I can see why the schools like them so much! the gearbox in particular is delightfully light and easy shifting.

Proud owner shot...

Andy tries the EN

Once back at Radar towers I took the Pulse out for a ride, while Andy and antoher mate tried out the EN. Suffice it to say you can have fun on a 125 and my dughter is pleased with what eventually become her bike if things pan out ok.

Claire likes the EN!

A great day on the bikes!!

Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Shock, horror, scandal...Radar buys a Suzuki! Empty Re: Shock, horror, scandal...Radar buys a Suzuki!

Post  Robcat Sun Mar 10 2013, 06:38

Glad you enjoyed your self Radar.

Brings back memories when I was 17, on a 125.

You don't need power to have fun, as long as you riding buddies have similar machines.

I've got a mate that rides a YZF 125 (in his 40's) and he goes round with lads of similar ages and they all have 125's now. Ex 600-1000 cc riders. Reason is cost and they was fed up of getting a few points on there licence.
They still enjoy themselves and save a packet.

You should get around 100 mpg out of the EN on your biking runs. I get 96-106 mpg out of a 250 scooter that I use for work.

Rob
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Shock, horror, scandal...Radar buys a Suzuki! Empty Re: Shock, horror, scandal...Radar buys a Suzuki!

Post  Radar Sun Mar 10 2013, 19:45

Interesting stuff Rob, it is gettingharder to enjoy a big bike on the open road now
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down