Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-BCV cruise

2 posters

Go down

Post-BCV cruise Empty Post-BCV cruise

Post  westy Mon Feb 18 2013, 17:53

So I booked the week after BC V off work with the specific intention of going for a big UK cruise on the cat. Pretty casual miles per day (~100-150).

I'm asking for ideas of places to visit, good roads, good places to camp, anything!
Ive never been further north than Hull, so I'd like to spend most of the week "North of the wall" exploring!

Any suggestions, Scotland or not, most welcome!
westy
westy
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post-BCV cruise Empty Re: Post-BCV cruise

Post  SteveCat Mon Feb 18 2013, 18:06

You looking for sights to explore as well and spend some time looking about - quite do-able with your daily mileage?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  westy Mon Feb 18 2013, 18:27

Yeah good sights (castles, caves, landmarks, old towns) that sort of thing. Also any roads that have amazing scenery that anyone knows of.

I was thinking the first day do a lot of riding (get to Yorkshire dales or the lake district) then step the pace back and tour from there north.
westy
westy
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Feb 18 2013, 18:59

Will see if I can locate some of the routes I've done. If you have a Garmin SatNav I did some tour guides which I can see if I didn't destroy.

In the mean time I'll bore you with some pics, maybe not all are correctly filed in the right county. They should all be geo tagged, so you can see aprox where the shot was taken on the map (this was done before smart phones thought of it Very Happy )

Northumberland
Cumbria
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down