Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know any good mobile valets?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone know any good mobile valets? Empty Anyone know any good mobile valets?

Post  westy Thu Feb 07 2013, 17:50

So I have had to move again and the cat sleeps in a shipping container (no elec, no water) nearby.

Carrying a bucket there is a bit awkward, so is parking outside my flat and washing it on the road grumpy

Anyone know of any "Mobile Valets" that do / specialize in bikes?

westy
westy
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Anyone know any good mobile valets? Empty Re: Anyone know any good mobile valets?

Post  TomCom Thu Feb 07 2013, 17:57

i know but its only around Glasgow. so not to good ?
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Anyone know any good mobile valets? Empty Re: Anyone know any good mobile valets?

Post  SteveCat Thu Feb 07 2013, 18:05

Likewise, could help in London.

I have a Hozelock spray thing for cars/bikes was about £20, sure I got it from Halfrauds. Think it holds 5-8 liters, you hand pump up the tank and it's ready to use. Pressure is less than a hose pipe but easier than a bucket. Needs a few cranks to keep the pressure up though. It bit like a garden sprayer.

Been eying this out but at £220 and no stock, I'm safe in just looking
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Thu Feb 07 2013, 22:38

SteveCat wrote:
I have a Hozelock spray thing for cars/bikes was about £20, sure I got it from Halfrauds. Think it holds 5-8 liters, you hand pump up the tank and it's ready to use. Pressure is less than a hose pipe but easier than a bucket. Needs a few cranks to keep the pressure up though. It bit like a garden sprayer.
I bought something similar from ebay in March last year, when we were about to start a hosepipe ban. It hasn't stopped raining since. Is there a connection? wall
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  westy Fri Feb 08 2013, 17:27

SteveCat wrote:Been eying this out but at £220 and no stock, I'm safe in just looking

Perfect.... but £220.... Crying or Very sad

I have found a place called Mango Valet that are mobile and have a base here in Shrews... £65 a go though affraid

Think I'll stick to good old fashioned bucket & sponge on the street...
westy
westy
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Feb 08 2013, 17:43

The £220 version has it's own power source.. for a mere <cough> £140 there's one you can hook to the bike battery - I'd guess don't run it too long though!

£65 is about right, well for my part of the world. Two of those and you bought the Nomad.

I found the bucket method a real pain, needed to fill the bucket a good few times as the water got so dirty. That pump sprayer I mentioned is a vast improvement - water always clean and only refill it once, and that's only because I put 'bike bubble bath' Smile (turtle wax car wash) in the wash cycle.

Maybe we need to talk Bob into giving his up and stop all the rain lachen
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Feb 08 2013, 21:01

My mobile came with a little cleaning cloth..i usually find that suffices.. Very Happy
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 11 2013, 15:06

The Nomad units I mentioned have been out of production - got an email from the company today saying they have some of their older units for sale on ebay.
Still not the price of a bucket though. Not sure I'll get to try the one I've bought and report if it's any good before they are all sold.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down