Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first mway blast

+4
0ldcat
Cheshirecat
Yammycat
prime
8 posters

Go down

first mway blast Empty first mway blast

Post  prime Sat Feb 02 2013, 19:45

Holy shit, no one told me it had warp drive!
Wow I aint stopped buzzing yet. Holy crap it moves, I got on the slip road, got up to about 50 before the fella in front of me moved and gave it some juice.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yee haa, I looked at speedo and was doing 100, and for a split sec thought it was in kph, like my last 2 scoots. Wrong! Slowed down to a nice 80, but christ it was windy. Im a bit too big to tuck in properly but wow. What a bike!
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

first mway blast Empty Re: first mway blast

Post  Yammycat Sat Feb 02 2013, 19:58

lol, yeah, the Cats do go some when you want 'em to... I know theres other bikers out there that give it large from 0 to ridiculous in less than a few seconds - I cant handle them speeds atm, and tbh, cant figure out why every house hold don't have a 'cat lol - does make me wonder what the T' Ace is like.... but am happy with my cat

ride safe
Yammycat
Yammycat
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 46
Hobbies : cage technician / tyre sales / grease monkey
Humour : odd, but funny (aparently)
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sat Feb 02 2013, 20:14

I will ride safe mate, thanks. One thing I did notice though, it feels like being on an oil tanker compared to my scoot. My scoot has 80 80 16 front and 100 80 16 rear tyres, dead light and short wb. The cat seems so slow in changing direction but thats obvious I guess. I love it. Everything I dreamed it would be.
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Sat Feb 02 2013, 20:52

prime wrote:I will ride safe mate, thanks. One thing I did notice though, it feels like being on an oil tanker compared to my scoot. My scoot has 80 80 16 front and 100 80 16 rear tyres, dead light and short wb. The cat seems so slow in changing direction but thats obvious I guess. I love it. Everything I dreamed it would be.

Yeah it's a pretty quick bike, above 6.5k and it goes mad, above 10 and it goes bloody nuts, my mate who owns an R6 had a blast on mine and was shocked at how quick it was, as for dropping into corners, it's a sports tourer and not a full on sports focused racing machine, but I'm not in a rush to change mine! Love it
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Feb 02 2013, 21:06

prime wrote:Holy shit, no one told me it had warp drive!
Wow I aint stopped buzzing yet. Holy crap it moves,
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yeeeeeeeeee haaaaa, What a bike!
green smile Like it then ?

Welcome to the dark side :evil2: whistle
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sat Feb 02 2013, 21:14

Can't beat an adrenalin rush.

Stay safe matey.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Feb 03 2013, 20:29

Good on ya Prime, as others said, getting into that 10k plus range will have your eyes on stalks pal. Whilst because of its size it lacks the flick ability of some the newer, more sports focused 600s but its by no means a slouch in a corner.

A ride out with Rosco will show you how quick a cat will get round a corner. Although I'd recommend watching him round and not following him round at the same speed, he's been with his Cat for years and some of the things he does on that bike are just plain unnatural but will give you some idea what these machines are capable of.

Good luck and stay safe mate. Hope to see you out there soon Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:19

Next time im out ill give you a bell and come see you mate, I had to get home to see my boy off to his nannas or I would have let you know I was about yesterday. I bet even the most track focused bike would feel hard to steer compared to my scoot, its a bizarre transition, being sat up on something as skinny wheeled and light as my scoot, to being perched on the cat. I cant wait til a ride out and I can see how its supposed to be ridden.
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:27

Snowcat wrote:Good on ya Prime, as others said, getting into that 10k plus range will have your eyes on stalks pal. Whilst because of its size it lacks the flick ability of some the newer, more sports focused 600s but its by no means a slouch in a corner.

A ride out with Rosco will show you how quick a cat will get round a corner. Although I'd recommend watching him round and not following him round at the same speed, he's been with his Cat for years and some of the things he does on that bike are just plain unnatural but will give you some idea what these machines are capable of.

Good luck and stay safe mate. Hope to see you out there soon Smile

I wouldn't follow him round, you'll come off the bike skidding down the road in the wake of his james bond esque oil slick feature.... blind

but on a proper note what he said if you think your cats slow in the corners, Rosco and Radar will prove otherwise! some very talented cat riders here, just watching them makes you realise that the cat is a top bike

main thing is to enjoy!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Yammycat Sun Feb 03 2013, 22:33

Yammycat wrote:lol, yeah, the Cats do go some when you want 'em to... I know theres other bikers out there that give it large from 0 to ridiculous in less than a few seconds - I cant handle them speeds atm, and tbh, cant figure out why every house hold don't have a 'cat lol - does make me wonder what the T' Ace is like.... but am happy with my cat

ride safe

Edit - I was meant to of written : "a lot of bikes out there"... as opposed to a lot of bikers. - typo on my behalf.

as for me, I couldn't tell you if I hit 10K mark, i just hang on for dear life LMAO
Yammycat
Yammycat
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 46
Hobbies : cage technician / tyre sales / grease monkey
Humour : odd, but funny (aparently)
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  westy Thu Feb 07 2013, 17:41

I have to say I was in exactly the same boat when I rode my cat home for the first time!

Even down to thinking it was too windy at 80, although I did find a few more months riding and my perception of the body drag diminished hugely. Then you think there is too much drag at 90, then 100... I put it down to your muscles getting used to it & growing green smile

For me: 4.5-5K is where it really starts to come on strong, then there is a big "punch" at 7K, delivering it right to the red-line Shocked

Ride safe prime, and hang on!
westy
westy
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down