Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice Road Bikers....

3 posters

Go down

Ice Road Bikers.... Empty Ice Road Bikers....

Post  Radar Fri Jan 18 2013, 19:41

Heavy show hit us hard in midlands today and it took me 3.5 hours to travel the 40 odd miles home from work today in several inches of the dreaded white stuff

Unbelieveably I saw no less than FOUR bikers out and about! There was a BMW K100RS at work, a Kawasaki ZX6R going southbound on the M42, a bloke on a SV650 on the M5 riding VERY slowly on the hard shoulder with his feet down and finally a 600 Bandit left abandoned in a lay-by as I approached Hagley between Brum and Kidderminster.

Many moons ago I have ridden in similar conditions, I was poor young and stupid (I am now poor, OLD and stupid...), it is the most miserable way of spending time! Why???

I also spotted a Porsche Cayanne Stretch Limo out in the snow!!

Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Ice Road Bikers.... Empty Re: Ice Road Bikers....

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18 2013, 20:22

I had to the same myself from STOKE to NATWICH & back which is about 22 miles each way Cool

Took an hour to get there & two hours to get back, lucky if I got to 20 mph on my way home Cool

The joys of an all weather rider Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Fri Jan 18 2013, 20:23

Work was shut early for us today so 20 min walk and im home. Saw 1 moped out and he was the only one making any progress in the gridlock.
He looked well prepared in his jogging bottoms.
Stu
Stu
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : Engineer/Surfing
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Fri Jan 18 2013, 20:30

I had 5 bikes pass the other way in the snow yesterday. Non today though, but then again, I was on my scooter myself, going to and back to work. Round trip, 96 miles.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down