Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nowt to do with bikes........Santa has some Xbox360 questions

+7
ellie
TomCom
MrNutt
Dirt Bike Dave
YZFJohn
stretchie_
Rosco
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nowt to do with bikes........Santa has some Xbox360 questions - Page 2 Empty Nowt to do with bikes........Santa has some Xbox360 questions

Post  Rosco Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:56

First topic message reminder :

Hi all you serious xbox Gamers out there.........

Santa has been in touch with me to enquire about getting the right xbox for a very nearly 8 year old who claims to have been very good this year.

I’ve had a look here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but can’t say I’m completely enlightened.
I’ve heard having a harddisk in the xbox is worthwhile for storing movies / music on and it helps games load faster (although it slows some games down ?!?)

What I think we want is an xbox 360 (not exactly sure what specific model / capacity) with Kinect. Games wanted are Minecraft and a Simpsons “Hit & Run” game too. Not sure exactly what we get / need extras wise (controllers , xbox live etc)?

Any advice on what might suit my needs and where I’d get the best deal would be much appreciated.

Any web links that explain it all?? or post up some advice direct.

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Nowt to do with bikes........Santa has some Xbox360 questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Nowt to do with bikes........Santa has some Xbox360 questions

Post  Wooster Mon Dec 31 2012, 02:41

My nephew got one (since his PS3 is running the cracked firmware) and I got pestered incessantly to play Black Ops.

I've been playing FPS since the 90's using keyboard& mouse and it was a big effort not to bounce the controller off the TV. green smile
My speed and accuracy was so bad, it felt like I was playing it with my feet. Laughing

Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Nowt to do with bikes........Santa has some Xbox360 questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Nowt to do with bikes........Santa has some Xbox360 questions

Post  YZFJohn Mon Dec 31 2012, 08:48

Wooster wrote:My nephew got one (since his PS3 is running the cracked firmware) and I got pestered incessantly to play Black Ops.

I've been playing FPS since the 90's using keyboard& mouse and it was a big effort not to bounce the controller off the TV. green smile
My speed and accuracy was so bad, it felt like I was playing it with my feet. Laughing

When I have played the PS3 for a while I'm the same. Havn't played it yet but hoping to get on it when I get back from work this afternoon. Been either busy having time with the daughter, playing Need for Speed Most wanted on her PS Vita, having nose bleeds or cataloging my Dads cigarette cards (which is looking promising for getting me a replacement bike).

Role on this after noon.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2