Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is my duty to inform you that I've traded the cat in

+2
ellie
Snowcat
6 posters

Go down

It is my duty to inform you that I've traded the cat in Empty It is my duty to inform you that I've traded the cat in

Post  Snowcat Sat Oct 27 2012, 16:47

The deed is done... I've traded the mistress in for the fireblade. I went over this morning to the dealers and after some negotiations we struck a deal which was agreeable all round, I settled for a little less than I wanted to for mine but then again I drove the price down on the blade so swings and roundabouts really.

She's a 2003 rr3 954 in red and black with 20k on the clock, absolute mint condition and I can't wait to get my hands on her, this will be something of a waiting game however because I have to swap the plate off mine and wait for my insurance to click over the anniversary to get my NCB as my insurance won't cover the new bike and wanted me to cancel an 11 1/2 month old policy and start from scratch. It'll be hard but it gives me a couple of weeks to see The Mistress off. Thought I'd be happier but feel a bit sad about saying bye to my first Big bike.

You ain't got rid of me though, made a few good freinds on here and I plan to stick around and still come on the ride outs if you'll still have me Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

It is my duty to inform you that I've traded the cat in Empty Re: It is my duty to inform you that I've traded the cat in

Post  ellie Sat Oct 27 2012, 17:14

Well done Steve, pity about the insurance but I suppose that's because you've not long passed your test?

Ride safely, see you on the rideouts next year.

I initially read that as 'I've traded the Misses' lol
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

It is my duty to inform you that I've traded the cat in Empty Re: It is my duty to inform you that I've traded the cat in

Post  robertcains Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:20

Congratulations Steve, sounds like you are one happy bunny great
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:29

congrats on the new bike steve Thumb

though useless without pics ............

I was looking at other bikes today too, though not too tempted just yet went for a blast on my cat after and still love it for now.

good luck with picking up the new bike and i look forward to seeing the new mistress soon!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:34

Congrats!

I'm getting to the point where my eyes are starting to wander to other bikes - in particular, there's an '08 plate 1250 Bandit with a full fairing and three-piece luggage in a local dealer which I even got a finance quote on - but then I remember I'd have to hand over my beloved T'cat and I can't bring myself to do it.

I hope when I do finally get tempted (or fate deals the 'cat a bad hand), it's for something as fun as your new blade sounds Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:40

There are one or two pictures knocking about already Dave but I ain't got a problem popping some more on Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:48

Just for you Dave, and anyone else who's interested Smile [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:15

Now that's a very very nice looking bike! Very jealous, was eyeing up a duc 996, 999s and a rater tasty speed triple (old style) today
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:23

MrNutt wrote:Now that's a very very nice looking bike! Very jealous, was eyeing up a duc 996, 999s and a rater tasty speed triple (old style) today
To be honest Dave the pictures don't really do it justice either, it's absolutely mint apart from a couple of marks on one side which are barely noticeable
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:57

Love the look Smile
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sat Oct 27 2012, 21:43

Looks good, enjoy...look forward to seeing you on the ride-outs next year. I have said a few times, that is one superb bike

I am now trying to keep my bikes rather than sell them when I change. Looking a Guzzi V7 to supplement the current fleet. It gets expensive this sodding hobby!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down