Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling my T/Cat 2002 mint condition

+2
TomCom
Snowcat
6 posters

Go down

Selling my T/Cat 2002 mint condition Empty Selling my T/Cat 2002 mint condition

Post  Snowcat Wed Oct 24 2012, 19:03

Didn't think I'd be writing this post anytime soon and it is with heavy heart I'm selling The Mistress to make room for 'The bit on the side'. My original plan was to buy a winter project blade to renovate over the next 12 to 18 months and keep my cat but I've fell in love with the last, and arguably the best Blade ever made, the 03 Baba 954. It's gonna cost considerably more than I can justify and keep 2 bikes so the cat has to go.

In a nutshell she's blue, 12,000 miles MTC GP race can (colour coded with baffle) road legal, heated grips, long MOT and Tax, blue double bubble screen with stainless steel bolts, heated grips, kept in the dry, bullet indicators front and rear, recently refurbed rear shock, new seals, regassed, re-oiled and spring stripped and powder coated. Nearly new tyres, approx 1000 miles on them. Meta alarm and immobiliser complete with fitting certificate, 2 keys, excellent condition and barely broken in. At the end of the day shes a cat and shes Gorgeous, starts on the button Even when cold and left for a couple of weeks and goes like the clappers. There's loads of pictures of her on here but I'll happily put some more here or ask anything you want.

I was initially going to trade her in bit was offered a silly price so I'm being realistic and am going to advertise soon for £2,000. As my friends on here I'm going to give you all first refusal at £1,800 and open to sensible offers. If I had the time and the timing was right I reckon this bike is worth a dam sight more but time ain't on my side. Get in touch or pm me any questions.

Cheers chaps
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Selling my T/Cat 2002 mint condition Empty Re: Selling my T/Cat 2002 mint condition

Post  TomCom Thu Oct 25 2012, 05:29

How many owners? What year?
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Selling my T/Cat 2002 mint condition Empty Re: Selling my T/Cat 2002 mint condition

Post  Snowcat Thu Oct 25 2012, 07:26

It's a 2002 Tom, it's had 5 previous owners I've had it a year and the previous owner had it 2 years. Prior to that it was owned by a traffic cop.

It really is in nice condition apart from a tiny scrape on an engine casing I'd go as far as to say showroom condition
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Oct 25 2012, 10:45

It's a Blue one Tom, are you sure you could handle it as Blues are the quickest! fencing
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Oct 25 2012, 10:48

YZFJohn wrote:It's a Blue one Tom, are you sure you could handle it as Blues are the quickest! fencing
True dat LMAO
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:16

You know me... As long is not yellow
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:44

Mr police police man used to have flourescent yellow strips all over it but they're history. Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:52

TomCom wrote:You know me... As long is not yellow

Coz you can't handle the speed of a yellow one can you Tom, being the quickest colour and all that green smile
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:59

You get alot for your money with a 'cat, but I dont think its so much what the bikes worth as much as what other people see the cat as being worth, compared to other, more modern bikes on the market.

People are hard up at the minute, especially with Christmas around the corner, businesses going into receivership daily, no spare money, rise in house hold bills, petrol, etc although this could work in your favour if people are after cheap motoring.

Its one of the best first bikes restricted too so that might be a selling point.

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Oct 25 2012, 12:13

I know where you're coming from Ellie, the bike is everything and more if you want that bike, the chap in the shop didn't rate them highly and said they compete in the market with the R6!! Not a chance they're like night and day, he mustve been on crack to come out with a comment like that Wink

Times are hard though and I realise its the wrong time of the year to be selling it also but from my personal point of view its also a very good time to pick up a bargain, hopefully I'll gain something back when I buy, trouble at the moment the right blade is a bit thin on the ground
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  johnelcoat Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:54

Hi,

Nice bike, I have e-mailed you about it.

John.
johnelcoat
johnelcoat
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 40
Hobbies : Mechanical Engineer
Humour : Slightly twisted with a hint of sarcasm
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:59

Really sorry but the bike has gone, thanks for the interest though. :(
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:14

Stewbaccas is still up for grabs by the look of it ?
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down