Southern 100 races, IOM, Ireland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Southern 100 races, IOM, Ireland

Post  SteveCat on Wed Jul 18 2012, 13:08

Links to my pics I took on my two week trip around [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - whilst there I rode around the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and watched some of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and went to the prize giving.

Other pics might be of interest, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I got the surprise of my life when I went in there, the first poster I looked at was of a former boss!
Also a few of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Didn't see much of the place, my calf had cramped earlier in the day and I was battling to walk - not easy at the best of times in bike gear.

Pam took pics too, hers are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Between us we took as many photos as we did miles Shocked
SteveCat
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 4909
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Southern 100 races, IOM, Ireland

Post  furball on Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:33

Glad the weather was kinder to you when you reached the Isle of man..

Some crackers in there, anyone for a trip to the IOM??

Will come back later for the rest of them i'm all pic'ed out at the moment

Davie
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Number of posts : 819
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat on Mon Jul 23 2012, 11:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
anyone for a trip to the IOM??

It's on my need to do again list. Might try and do the Southern 100 again - doubt you'll get any closer to the action and be more able to move about than this. Racing over 3 evenings, so plenty of time to 'pootle about' lachen during the day. Thursday is a full day racing and a prize giving party in the square.
If you can get on and off the island during the week and spend 4 nights there then the ferry price drops.

Any nibbles? Very Happy

Some video clips of the TT circuit. I edited the first 3 clips, cutting out the traffic and being stationary. Didn't do that with the part getting in Ramsey, the hairpin and the mountain road etc. I guess it gives a more accurate view of what the conditions were really like. Due to some superb editing on my part Rolling Eyes , I have managed to get the start/finish area at the beginning of part 3 then it cuts back 'to the action'.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by SteveCat on Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:14; edited 1 time in total
SteveCat
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance on Mon Jul 23 2012, 20:48

Am I mistaken to think that your bike looks clean in the first few pics? green smile
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat on Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:11

It was clean .. ish Crying or Very sad yes - not that I cleaned it before setting off - I'd have been gutted if I had taken the cloth to it.
It picked up part of Wales' and most of Ireland's road muck in a few days. Took a good few hours on Saturday to sort of get a shine back (actually it's the cleanest it's been since I got it Rolling Eyes )
Do I lose my dirt bike award now? Wink
SteveCat
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance on Mon Jul 23 2012, 23:56

Well as long it was cleaned by all this rain we've been having then its no fault of your own :o
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw on Tue Jul 24 2012, 18:59

furball wrote
anyone for a trip to the IOM??

stevecat wrote
Any nibbles?

Aye, I would be interested in this for next year now that I have popped my ferry cherry.

Cheers
Billy
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: