Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thankyou to the old northern contingency

4 posters

Go down

Thankyou to the old northern contingency Empty Thankyou to the old northern contingency

Post  Thecatlass Sun Apr 12 2009, 23:36

Hi all

Yes i know, i've not been around for a while now and due to an impromptu organisation of a rideout today, didn't post up the details, but would like to say a huge thankyou to the guys for joining me on a fantastic run.
Steve, dave and matt brought some of the old northern cats together today along with some newer faces in my biking world and together, we rocked North Yorks.

Not many major things to report although one mates shock let go early on so he had to crawl home (safe and sound i hasten to add) and one almost got taken out by a lad we'd overtaken and was trying to keep up and couldn't so he totally missed a corner and almost took my mate out (luckily hid leathers are black so you didn't see the stain). the other highlights included being infiltrated by plod on a bike and during one part, was flagged down by a pillion coming the opposite way to warn us of plod ahead!! i don't know who laughed more, us or the plod biker.
The other amusing moment, which almost lost me my ride from laughing was a pheasant running across the road and steve running over it's tail as he passed. No feathers were lost but bloody hell, i was crippled with laughter!! lol
I've been back 5 hours, had a BBQ (for some of the gang), cleaned, tidied and had a couple of brandies and still haven't stopped grinning or buzzing yet. An awesome day indeed.

I have a good feeling about this summer and look forward to bringing the old gang back together as well as introducing some new.

bring it on!!

Gail xxx
Thecatlass
Thecatlass
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Bikes of course! oh and training manager as a job
Humour : Wicked ;)
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Thankyou to the old northern contingency Empty Re: Thankyou to the old northern contingency

Post  Deso Mon Apr 13 2009, 08:51

Glad you got out yesterday.

The weather was too wet to even think about getting the bike out. Unfortunately I did think about it several times and put myself in mood Laughing

Off out in a bit though Very Happy . Just waiting on a m8 otherwise I'm going solo.
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Thankyou to the old northern contingency Empty Re: Thankyou to the old northern contingency

Post  supernaut Wed Apr 15 2009, 13:52

yeah, great day out, cheers Gail.
Steve.....................
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Apr 15 2009, 14:33

Glad to hear you all had a great time........I can almost see your chesire cat grin and hear your laugh from here Gail :whoop:

Haven't seen the Northern Posse up further North (across the border) for a while.........we don't use Euro's you know but even our currency isn't legal tender here Suspect

Come visit some time!

Hoping to do at least two Southern (to me) runs this year.......prossibly Shocked Surf & Turf and Taste of Lincolnshire as and when they get finalised.
Will defo do Bishops Castle assuming it gets repeated next year just can't make this one.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down