Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat

+10
0ldcat
billyw
gazz770
TomCom
YZFJohn
Dai-San
mrfrance
Rosco
furball
stretchie_
14 posters

Go down

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  Empty George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat

Post  stretchie_ Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:54

I went up to Swindon on Saturday morning to check out the excitement at George Whites or as it’s now called MotorcycleSuperDooperMegaAwesomeDiscountVillage.

Got there about 09:00 and sat down with a nice bacon butty and a cup of tea, after all, a good breakfast is the best way to start the day. I just sat outside chatting to people while I waited for my mate to turn up and then went looking around. The big hall they had all the clothes in was where all the bikes that were being auctioned off were, and they all had the keys in so people could sit on the bikes and not have to make brum brum noises which was nice, there were also all the clothing racks and desks and pc’s and things in the corner which all had prices on.

The two buildings on the other side of the road were in full use too, the Honda one was full of plastic boxes with different things on and the boxes were marked up with the prices of the kit inside, so everything in this box £5. Indicators, stickers, reflective bibs, rim tape all that kind of stuff and along the far side of the wall was lots of clothing, a lot at good prices some not much different than what they were.

In the main building where all the new bikes used to be was chock full of new clothing, I was tempted to buy some motorcycle jeans but just could bring myself to do it. A lot of stuff wasn’t massively cheaper, paddocks stands for about £10 cheaper but the queue literally went from the font of the building, snaked a bit around the centre part and then right along to the back of the building and then some, not worth queing up unless you got a free bacon roll and a massage in my eyes.

HOWEVER…. I did see a fantastic bike, and it was a Thundercat, and at this point I have to confess (and hope my girlfriend does not read this) I fell in love with a woman that no only had I not met, I hadn’t even SEEN.

You can keep your tarty GSXR’s (no offense), and shove your immaculately kept CBR RR’s with carbon covers and wavey disks, and you can leave your chromosexual bikes out in the rain to rust, this Thundercat is what turns me on in a bike.

It was a red example, well you can’t have everything, and it was prepped as a real ‘users’ bike and had 62k on the clocks. I was drooling over this for a while in the hope that the lady who rode it would come and speak to me but it never happened. I am guessing it was a lady’s bike as it was plastered in roller derby stickers, enough words, you want pictures. (This really was the only bike that I really got excited about and there were a lot of bikes there)

From the right
Check it out, on both sides there is a wind break for the legs, on this side I'm presuming a toolbox attached to the pannier bracket, top box, every bike should have one, raised grips, something attached to the underside of the mirror, cannot remember if this was a reflector of a light/indicator and a bracket for something under the headlight, I have no idea what it's for but imagined for a light or something for when camping or a camera maybe???

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  IMAG0442

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  IMAG0446

From the front

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  IMAG0443

From the left

Headset connection, big horn for those "Pick a f'in lane" or "Put your phone down and try indicating" moments

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  IMAG0444

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  IMAG0445

From behind

Loving the ducktail attached to the bottom of the plate to stop the panniers getting full of crap when the weather crappy, and a few straps and bungies for when you just have to carry more crap than you thought.

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  IMAG0447

So, whoever you are, you're my kind of girl and I love your bike and wish I could have said hello. I honestly think this is one for the exotic bikes collection myself
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  Empty Re: George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat

Post  furball Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:39

Nice find, i think Rosco will have to go some to beat that one on dirtyness........ Shocked

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat  Empty Re: George Whites auction and a VERY interesting (exotic?) cat

Post  Rosco Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:07

Yep - I give in. That's one durty girl.

I've never seen Thunderflaps before Shocked
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:22

Rosco wrote:I've never seen Thunderflaps before Shocked

But you have access to the internet

Very Happy
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:57

That quite possibly may have seen the world! salute
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:06

You are obviously looking at the wrong sites rofl
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Mon Mar 12 2012, 14:33

I admit defeat too.

Even my brand of TLC couldn't bring this old lady back from the brink.

Mind you, dirt wise mine didn't look far off this after commuting all winter :rite:
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Mar 12 2012, 14:37

Did you put a forum business card on it? Very Happy
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Mar 12 2012, 14:41

Not the first roller skating thundercatter I've heard of.

The Reserector Bloke from USA looks like he combines the two sports.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Mon Mar 12 2012, 14:53

Ha, yeah, I forgot about him
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Mon Mar 12 2012, 16:58

OMG now i like that yellow one and this one is shit (joke) tongue
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  gazz770 Mon Mar 12 2012, 17:05

It's still a cat and someone loves it and given it a home.
gazz770
gazz770
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Carp Fishing
Registration date : 2012-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Mar 12 2012, 17:37

gazz770 wrote:It's still a cat and someone loves it and given it a home.

Thumb
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Mon Mar 12 2012, 18:18

stretchie - it certainly matches the dictionary definition of exotic -

2. strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance: an exotic thundercat.

3. of a uniquely new or experimental nature

not to be confused with erotic!
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Mar 12 2012, 20:42

I'd be a bit worried about a girl what uses an Ammo box as a pannier Shocked green smile
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Mon Mar 12 2012, 22:26

stretchie_ wrote:

But you have access to the internet

Very Happy

Honestly pmsl... Laughing

I'm 45 and worked in a few factories in and around Strathclyde, and ammo boxes (many from around WWII) were pretty common for storing stuff in.
They were built to last and came in a variety of sizes. Wink

p.s. My bike is that mockit most of the time as well. Embarassed
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  past-it Mon Mar 12 2012, 22:43

It might be dirty, used and abused but please note no chicken strips at all on the tyres, so it is at least its gone to the edge so to speak. By the state of the front discs its gets hard braking as well. No signs of being sent down the road either, all credit for that at 60 thou. No disc lock damage either, do you think ones used?
past-it
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Mar 12 2012, 23:13

stretchie_ wrote:I did see a fantastic bike, and it was a Thundercat, and at this point I have to confess (and hope my girlfriend does not read this) I fell in love with a woman that no only had I not met, I hadn’t even SEEN.

You can keep your tarty GSXR’s (no offense), and shove your immaculately kept CBR RR’s with carbon covers and wavey disks, and you can leave your chromosexual bikes out in the rain to rust, this Thundercat is what turns me on in a bike.

Only just read this bit - class Stretchie, pure class.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Mar 12 2012, 23:21

Loving the Banksy sticker & the 'Stigs Punk Cousin' sticker.

Awesome bike. well loved and well used.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Mar 12 2012, 23:36

I think this bike and Ross's are a pair from the same school Very Happy Both ridden hard, so who cares about looks. Performance over appearance. A fact that probably applies to the owners too! green smile

greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Mon Mar 12 2012, 23:49

greencat wrote:I think this bike and Ross's are a pair from the same school Very Happy Both ridden hard, so who cares about looks. Performance over appearance. A fact that probably applies to the owners too! green smile

I hope you are not questioning our Rosco's virtue there

stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Mar 13 2012, 00:12

I hate it when you can't work out if folk are complementing or taking the piss.

So *(thanks / bog off)

* delete as appropriate
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Tue Mar 13 2012, 00:39

Was sticking up for you there our kid.

; )
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :